cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to read parameter object when publish crystal report 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a dynamic parameter crystal report and while running in CR (XI) everything works fine.

Once I am trying to publish to server (infoview & business objects) I am getting error message "Failed read data from report... Reason: Failed to read parameter object"

(It works fine and was published sucesfully if I change to static parameter.)

I already try to change 'Edit right' in Business View Manager as other people suggest in other place and I still can't publish it without error.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to install the Latest service pack on CRXI and check the report by publishing to server.

Regards,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Raghavendra & Navin,

I will try to install the service pack and fix next week. Too busy this week. Thanks a lot.

Cindy,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cindy,

Make sure your Business Objects server and crystal designer are on same version number.

Install same service pack and hot fixes if any of the machines have those.

Try to publish the report and let us know.

Thanks,

Navin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Raghavendra & Navin,

Our administrator check both of the client and server verison are up to date. But I still uninstailled and re-installed both of the client and server version. I also install all the component. ( I didn't install all the component before) And it works now. Thank you very much.

Cindy Chen,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Re: Failed to read parameter object using Dynamic Parameter

Posted: Sep 27, 2010 9:23 PM in response to: sharonamt Edit Reply

Hi Sharon,

I am facing same kind of issue with crystal report 12.2.0.290 and BO server 12.1.0 © 2008 Business Objects.

While i am trying publish the report with dynamic parameter, its throwing the error "Failed to read parameter object ".

I am not sure what to do..can you please guide me ?

Where we need to install service pack at machine which having crystal report designer or at Bo server

Regards,

Johnes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Have you tried saving it to Business Objects with a static parameter and then editing it from Business Objects and modifying the parameter to a dynamic prompt group?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Lloyd,

I have no idea how to change it to dynamic paramter after I publish the report as static parameter. So I didn't try your approach. Thanks.