cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multilingual attribute syndication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement for attribute syndication in multiple languages. Say a material with Mat ID 1000 belonging to the UNSPSC code 12345678 has got an attribute called COLOR .The attribute COLOR has got value yellow(in English) and Umbrello( in Spanish) . Taxonmy table containing attributes ,attribute values in different languages are all ready imported. Main table import is also done .Now I need to syndicate the record with attribute values in different language at one shot. When I try to use the option "split multilingual field by value/language" it shows enabled only for Text type multilingual fields .I dont get the option for attributes in the syndicator mapping.

Can anyone suggest of any worksround how to build a map that will syndicate attributes values associated with a record in different language at one shot. I know if one logs in the syndicator in different languages he cann see the attribute values in that language . But that doesnt work here because the syndicator map will be used in the autosyndicate step in the workflow. So all the attribute values associated needs to be syndicated at one go.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Prabuddha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabuddha,

for syndicating an attribute in multiple language you have to make that node as repeatable.First makesure you have two fields: color and description in MDM and in the destination XML/XSD. Then make the attribute node as repeatable. Nw you can send as many languages maintained in MDM out of it.

REgards,

Bis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bis,

U_Color is the attribute name which is imported during the taxonomy import in different language because the attribute has values in multiple languages. But in syndicator in the source grid of item mapping only U_Color is shown with a pink bultted symbol beside it. I dont get any option to click on the U_Color item and split multilingual by value/language. So even if I have my destimation xsd utem for that attribute as repeatable node how do i map my single source item .Is there any way I can split the U_Color into Language code and Description.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried the same thing at my end, yes you are right that Attribute Text values is not getting split into multilingual languages. There is one workaround but it would be little bit labourious, you can syndicate atributes into respective languages using MDM syndicator or MDM Data Manager when you open this MDM Clients with Prooperty Language = German etc.

I take simple example suppose you have repository into 3 languages say Eng(US), Ger(DE) and FRA(FR). and say you have one unique (Key)field in Repository say ProductID usually Text type of Numeric and have attribute U_Color .You can get tab delimited text file for GER when open MDM Syndicator with Language = GERMAN(DE). At destination side you can create two fields say PRODUCTID and U_Color_DE. After mapping you have Attribute value into German. similarly when you open your MDM syndictor/Data Manager in French you have Attribute value in French.

Now finally open syndicator with language english and in source side you want three Attribute value split using U_Color which is not possible but have value in english only. for the remaining two values you can have, using Merge Items tab. where Matching Fields Property Source field ProductID = target field PRODUCTID and for source fields to Merge = U_Color_DE when you use prevously created file using Syndicator for Attribute value in German as said above. You will get this field into your item mapping and map this merge source field with target U_Color_DE, similarly you can do for French. Hope it helps....

Best Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabuddha,

concerning your issue please see note 1293288. If that is a must-have for your solution, you may want to consider upgrading to MDM 7.1.

Best regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I have checked the note you mentioned in your below message. But still I am facing same issue with MDM 7.1(7.1.03.53) SP3 version.

I was trying to split the taxonomy table with attributes by language. But it is disabled this option in MDM syndicator

Can you please let me know regarding this.

Thanks,

RDNPrasad

Answers (0)