cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Solution Manager Contractual Requirements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This has probably been asked and answered plenty of times before but I hope someone can guide me in the right direct. I work for a company that who's basis folks decided that they were not going to implement or use Solution Manager. I am under the understanding and have read that for customers to get support, they must implement Solution Manager. That it is a "contractual requirement" that certain components be implemented. Would anyone know what those components are? Does anyone know of any SAP Notes that speaks to this? I would like to change some minds around here.

Please and Thank You!

Joe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The requirement is (basically spoken), that, if you want to get Enterprise Support (for what you pay the 22 % annual maintenance) then you have to implement the Solution Manager Enterprise Edition.

What you will actually factually NEED to implement depends solely on your contract - that's why you can't find any public information.

If you have e. g. a SAP certified competence center (or COE) you have to ocnfigure and use certain functionality to gain points for your recertification.

I'd check the contract, it will tell you in detail what you will need to implement.

We also decided to not implement certain functionalities because the effort of implementing them and keeping them up-to-date is much more work (for our small basis troup) than what's the outcome, despite many nice powerpoints. We do only, what's necessary to fulfill our contract.

Generally spoken, you will need the SolMan to get the fixes and patches you pay your maintenance for. This does not even need to be done in a real configured and connected system in the Solution Manager but you will need to have it up and running to press on a button to confirm your download basket...

Markus