cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: The document is not relevant for billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am creating a service order have already done pricing procedure, copy control setting all and condition record but when I tried to do billing with reference to the sales order it prompts me the message saying that the document is not relevant for billing. I really have no idea where went wrong as I used the default billing type F2 only. I have maintained F2 as order related billing.

Appreciate all of your inputs in this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I have maintained F2 as order related billing.

Please try maintaining F1 in VOV8 and update the forum. Also check in VOV7 for your item category what value is maintained for the field "Billing Relevance".

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have maintained billing type as F1 and I am using the default item category TAD with billing relevance as B. Now I am getting an error saying my document type could not be invoiced with billing type F2. I have maintained copy control from service order to billing document type F1.

Appreciate all of your inputs in this.

Thank you in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you need to do an overall check of your customizing , I think there must be some incosistency .

You just need to make sure that your SO type has been assigned the F1 billing type as order related billing type ,and your item category TAD is set to be order related billing which with billing relevance as B ,the last one , you should make sure the copy control for your order type to billing type is set up ,and the item category copy control contains your item category TAD .

that 's all , just try out again. hope this can help you .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you very much for all the inputs. I have managed to create a service order succesfully. The main reason is due to my schedule line maintained is CV (MRP) but is actually not needed since no delivery and goods issue needed for a service item.

Cheerios!~

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is due to some reasons :-

1. As you have already maintained Billing Type F2 against the Order Type in VOV8 but might be you have not maintained the Copy Control settings between Order Type & BillingType.

2. Check in assignment made at Item category of the Sales Order whether is it Order related Billing in Billing Relevance.

Best regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Maintain the copy controls in VTFA if it is order related

and in VTFL if it is delivery related

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First goto VOV8 T.Code and select your order type.Details.

Maintain the order related billing as F2 and remove the value in delivery related billing if there is any thing.

Next goto VOV7 T.Code.

Select your item category.Details.

Maintain the billing relevance as "B/C/F".If you are using billing plan then maintain it as "I".

Save.

And ensure that the correct copy control settings are done in VTFA for your order combination.

Regards,

Krishna.