cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Critical (Yellow) - SAP EarlyWatch Alert for XI System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I can see Database Administration rating in SAP EarlyWatch report is Red. What does it mean and what all activities we should do to solve the issues with respect to the production server?

Regards,

Venu V

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu

> I can see Database Administration rating in SAP EarlyWatch report is Red. What does it mean and what all activities we should do to solve the issues with respect to the production server?

>

If Database administration rating in RED in EWA then it means something wrong in datbase whether it will be because database patches or database stat etc.....Go through EWA report you will find out that why it is in RED...

then paste that here..so that we can suggest you some preventive steps ...

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find the content below from SAP EWA:

In the checks performed, major problems regarding the administration of your database were found.

The wait statistics of the SQL Server shows long wait times for the event(s) highlighted below. This can indicate slow performance of the I/O system or other unusual conditions.

The average time for the following waitevent is high compared to our experience: WRITELOG

High wait times for WRITELOG indicate slow IO on the transaction log. It can also be caused by shrinkage or growth of the log files.

The values for WRITELOG and PAGEIOLATCH_SH are more than the refrence values.

I think we have to delete the transaction logs and unwanted work items . I welcome your suggestions.

Regards,

Venu V

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please go through below link:

http://www.saptechies.com/faq-sql-server-2000-io-performance/

Hope it helps...

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked the Note 521750 - FAQ: SQL Server 2000 I/O performance.

What all i should do in my XI server to improve the performance?

Thanks & Regards,

Venu V

Answers (0)