cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mass change database password

Former Member
0 Kudos

All of our Crystal reports deployed in our BO servers either use Freehand SQL or call a stored procedure. To schedule these reports in CMC or Infoview, the database logon (database server, username and password) needs to be setup. Our dba's are planning on changing the password of a certain username that these reports are using due to security reasons. My question is how to mass change the database password on all the Crystal reports that is using that specific username. Thanks.

Edited by: Roland Fernandez on Jun 22, 2009 11:26 PM

Edited by: Roland Fernandez on Jun 22, 2009 3:30 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

If your looking for a method to change multiple database logon information then you might consider trying Schedule Manager from the Administration Tool. Using the url http://<server name>/businessobjects/enterprise115/webtools/adminlaunch/default.aspx

Under the Adminstration Tools you will find schedule manager is an application that allows a user to change the scheduling properties of multiple reports at the same time. Hopefully that will help you. Outside of this there is no application to change mass database logon information for reports.

Jorge

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's exactly what I needed. Awesome!!! Thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a follow up question on this issue. After applying the suggested solution, I found out that there is still some steps needed to completely solve my issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a follow up question. When I use schedule manager to change the logon info, it only changes them in the CMC. Is there a way to apply these changes on the recurring instances?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately it will not change the database setting in Recurrings, b'cos recurring always uses the setting the report had at the time of creating recurring instance. you need to create new recurring.