cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen elements on Symbol 9090

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are enabling RF Transactions on ITSMobile on Symbol MC9090 - Windows Mobile device using IE browser.

The screens are appearing on ITSMobile ,but the screen elements Pushbuttons and Input out fields are displayed in full lenght.Each element is displayed in a new line even though they are adjacent to each other in normal screen.

All the push buttons , irrespective of how they appear on SAP GUI , are visible same in length in the mobile browser.

I have modified the buttons lengths in SE80 ,saved them and published them again . Still no change in the browser side.

is there any setting i need to make which are specific to the device Symbol 9090 ?

Best Regards,

DP.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durga Prasad,

2 Hints:

1. For the MC9090 you maybe pass the problem by setting the Text size in the IE-Browser to a smaller value, i.e. to "small" or "very small".

2. If you won't like to reduce the text size on the device you might like to

change the button width on the Menu entries.

To achieve this, you cannot simply change the value in SE80.

Instead, you have to "produce" either screens of less width or Buttons of less width, depending on your aims.

To do so, you need to run the Wizard for converting the RF-screens into the desired size / format.

You do this you use Transaction /SCWM/RFSCR which is a shortcut into the IMG.

You'll find the Screen Manager with two Tabs. On the 1st Tab (Display Profile) you choose an existing Display Profile as source and click on the Button "Copy Display Profile (shift+F5)". This will start the conversion Wizard, which gives you option to specify the desired values for screen hight and width (Rows and cols) and for the Button witdhs and some more Options.

The Wizard then will generate new screens (Dynpros) of the specified sizes.

Caution: keep in mind that all Text strings for the buttons are loaded from a table as "Text objects" of a specific size (40 in default Display profile). If you change the Button width (Menu item legth) to a different value, e.g. 38 then you will have to enter all the Menu Text strings for the Buttons in IMG because you (the system) cannot use 40-char Textstings on an 38-char Button.

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durga Prasad,

how are you doing?

an initial check on the issue:

when generating the templates in se80, did you select the option : Generation Style : For Mobile Device ?

Also please paste more details about your installation in order for members of the forum to better serve your query.

with respect,

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have selected the Mobile device generation style..

The elements on the Mobile device ( Symbol MC9090 ) with IE browser is displayed larger than what actually visible in the SAP GUI screens.

And unable to place multiple elements on to single row.

Regards,

DP