cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the matter of AdobeDocumentService Credential

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all:

the adobe credential confuses me there days.

after i've installed the "<b>Sneak Preview SAP NetWeaver 04 - Full Java Edition with SAP NetWeaver Portal</b>", then configure it follow the SAP Configuration Guide. And I'm afraid some questions are raised during the configure progress.

1.is the role <b>ADSUser</b> exists for the AdobeDocumentService, is all ADS calling via ADSUser?

2.i really confused by the difference of <b>certificate</b> and <b>credential</b>.

3.is it necessary to modify <b>ClientCertLoginModule</b> option? What's the meaning of that option?

4.i follow the instructions step by step, but when I try to configure credential, follow "Server->Services->Document Services Configuration", when I click the "browse" button, the Visual Administrator dump, return no response. What shall I do?

btw, by the quick test in configuraton guide, i think i've configured SSL correctly.

Thank you very much, all.

Tony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dongcheng,

1) yes, all calls are made by the ADSUser

2) a <b>certificate</b> guarantees the identity of a subject (server / poerson), the <b>credential</b>-file is a .pfx file (that means a PKCS#12-file) that includes a cretificate <b>AND</b> the corresponding private key.

3) not really

4) really no error message? that's difficult...

kr, achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you very much.

any related documents or guide on SDN?

Former Member
0 Kudos

dongcheng,

There is a 'how to' guide available for adobe document services (installation and configuration) on the marketplace

https://service.sap.com/nw-howtoguides/

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dongcheng

I am not aware of a how-to guide, but the ADS Configuration Guide available at http://service.sap.com/adobe -> Media Library -> Documentation describes what you would have to do if you did the installation from scratch. However, most of this shouldn't be necessary, because you are using the Sneak Preview.

Kind regards,

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management