cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM Process and Forms - Clarification required reg BADI QISR1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to have some extra validations done on some of the fields of my HCM Process Adobe form. For this, I created a new implementation for the BADI QISR1 with filter value as my Custom Scenario and implemented the method INT_SERVICE_REQUEST_CHECK. Validation is working now, but, it's not updating any data to the back end after I submit. When I checked, I found that SAP has written the whole logic to update the data to the Infotypes in another Implementation of the same BADI,which was like the Default implementation. But, that implementation is not getting triggerred now, as I have a new one now.

Do I have to copy the whole update logic to this Implementation now? Or is there any other setting for this?

Kindly help me.

Regards!

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Mahesh,

Sorry to post the same question,

I have to do some validation for my HCM forms and process, can you put some code samples that you have written in your IF_EX_QISR1~INT_SERVICE_REQUEST_CHECK method. i am just following your procedure to validate my annual salary field.

Thanks

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can update Infotype 0041 using SAP_PA by doing data mapping to structure HCMT_BSP_PA_XX_R0041_LIN_A. This structure will provide you with indexes to update the different DAT** values. Now this can be very complex and does require some coding of a generic service (unless your date positions are static and will ALWAYS be in the same position (i.e. start date is ALWAYS in DAT01)).

Derrick Banks

Banks & Company, LLC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Mahesh,

I have to do some validation for my HCM forms and process, can you put some code samples that you have written in your IF_EX_QISR1~INT_SERVICE_REQUEST_CHECK method. i am just following your procedure to validate my annual salary field.

Thanks

Ramesh

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure I follow you here, but here's some basics.

For any backend updates to infotypes, you should use the standard services SAP_PA, SAP_PT and SAP_PD (if on EhP4).

In some case, this won't work. So you have two choices:

(1) write and advanced generic service to handle this (difficult and no examples from SAP)

(2) write custom code triggered in workflow to do this (such as a custom function module) to handle your updates (past EhP2, you have to use the same classes as the decoupled framework uses....not the good ol' "infotype operations" standard FM).

Now, as for validations, you can handle those separately. In fact, talk about timely! (haha) I just posted a blog on this just now. 😃

/people/christopher.solomon/blog/2009/06/22/hcm-processes-forms-required-fields-arent-what-they-use-to-be

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris!

Thanks for your reply. I have copied the reference BADI implementation provided by SAP ( Implementation HRASR00ISR of BADI QISR1 with filter value 'SASR') to my own implementation and it works fine now. But, I am still not sure if this is the right solution.

Another thing which I would like to know is how to update IT0041( Date Specifications) through HCM processes. I have created a Termination Form and need to update some Date types when I run this process.But the structure HCMT_BSP_PA_XX_R0041 does not have all the required fields like DAR01, DAT01 etc. How do I proceed ?

Thanks in advance!

Mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I worked on the HCM process and forms which are configured through the ISR scenarios.For HCM forms there is one badi which supports data handling or update the backupend employee info:

HRASR00GEN_SERVICE_ADVANCED is generic BADI it's supports all HCM forms . It works 100% fine.

Please let me know if you have any issues or concerns?

Thanks,

Ramana

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now that's funny!

HCM P&F is definately NOT an area where "at least some answer is better than no answer at all". Wow. Just wow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The fields mapping should be done through generic service for the infotype 41. One should be comfortable using the generic services to get this done.

nikhilkup
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

I Had tried using the advanced generic service, but was not able to update data.

1. in which parameter do you get the values from the form, because in all the methods the parameters are message or log related.

2. Even the update statement was not working in the flush method. Please tell me how you managed to use this service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

are you able to update Infotype using this HRASR00GEN_SERVICE_ADVANCED.

I wanted to do similar thing. Can you please let me know how to do that.

Thanks

VJ

nikhilkup
Active Participant
0 Kudos

No Vijay, I am still not able to use advanced generic service for updation. If you come to know please let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

I have a similar requirement which u had.

Im working on Termination Form.

I have to update IT0041 date specification.

please let me know how you did it.

Thanks,

Santosh