cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed Alert email problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our XI 3.0 SP 19 production server, from past 2 years alert emails are sent successfully, for any message failures or undelivered messages, and no new alert configuration is done recently.

But we had below two issues from last week.

1. Once Alert email has delivered 24 hours later the message got failed.

2. We did not have any message failed yestereday and still we have received the alert email today,

but we do not see any failed message in SXMB_MONI

can some one pls help me to how should I trouble shoot this scenario ? from where do i need to start ?

as I have not configured the alerts...

Thanking you in advance.

Thanks

Sonal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you didn't have any error on the SAP side... did you check with your Mail team that the SMTP server was running?... maybe the mail was queued while the SMTP server was on maintainance or something similar.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Thanks for the reply,We are not using external SMTP servrer instead we are internal email process.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In anycase have you check that the mails are going our of whatever you're using on time?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not think that the problem is with SMTP or alert email background jobs because today we had a failed message and we got the alert email correctly, which means all the alert email related configuration

is working fine.

Please give me more hints to find the root cause of the problem...

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the problem should persist with the MTE, where there should be a mismatch on the recently configured alerts.

I think the data collection method should not be correctly assigned to the MTE. This should be the only possible cause for the alerts.

coming to the delayed mail delivery.

please check in SOST and let us know what messages do you find.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Thanks for the reply, regarding the delayed mail delivery.

'please check in SOST and let us know what messages do you find'

I did not find any waiting emails in the sost as per my search, please let me know the steps if you looking for any specific information inside the SOST.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there are no errors or anything in transit then the problem should be with the connectivity with the exchange server.

please confirm if you are using a SMTP or IMGW to connect to the exchange server.

Regards,

Pavan

Answers (0)