cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cProject: HOW TO DELETE A PROJECT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi masters,

i'm trying to delete a project using function module ( BAPI_BUS21XX_DELETE where XX = 72 for project, 73 for task and so on).

the problem is that if only one phase of my project is already "released" the function gives me back an error message.

I've tryed to use BAPI_BUS21XX_SET_STATUS to change the project status from 'released' to 'created' but again, the function returns me an error message (transition not possible).

i hope there is method to delete a project that contains a phase already released, but i've not still been able to find it!!! help !!!

Thanks,

best regards,

fabrizio gemma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabrizio,

Unfortunately, as soon as an object is released, it cannot be deleted. Therefore, your project cannot be deleted. This is the standard behaviour. Such a deletion could lead to inconsistencies with linked objects.

BR

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok.....

i think i have to use the standard archive path.

thanks,

fabri

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Further detail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another question:

when i execute the report "DPR_ARCH_DELETE" : the deletion of the archived projects is physical (delet from db) or just logical (a deleted flag) ?

Thanks again,

regards,

fabrizio gemma

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry,

another question:

is there any way to schedule the archiviation process ?

the report "dpr_archive_write" and "dpr_archive_delete" use several screens and i don't think that tehy can be scheduled as background process.

thanks,

regards,

fabrizio gemma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can build a variant for archiving and run it whenever you need.

Neil

Former Member
0 Kudos

i know it .... but periodical scheduling would a better solution fot thounsands of resons!

any idea ?

thanks,

regards,

fabrizio gemma

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understood correctly you are looking for the standard way to delete/archive project from your data base (correct me if I'm wrong)

The process would be:

• Projects are marked as "to be archived"

• Create a variant for the archiving job in SAP GUI

• Program the background job with the desired periocity, as any other job in SAP

Neil