cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage of IFrame for playing sounds in WDA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

an application of mine (developed in sap basis release 7.00 SP 15) uses the IFRAME UI-element to implemet sounds in the WD application. I have referenced an website (simple html site) witch plays the sound and set the size to 1x1 pixel. Setting the visible attribute to VISIBLE plays the sound in the application.

In our new release (sap basis 7.00 sp 18) the IFRAME element is no more available.

2 questions:

1. Is there an alternative for the IFRAME element in the newer release?

2. Is there an other way to play sounds in WebDynpro?

Regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Althought the iFrame was depricated (see the help: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/15/c07941601b1d09e10000000a155106/frameset.htm ), I'm a little supprised that it was compeltly removed via a support package - especially considering that it is going to be un-depricated in 7.0 Enhancement Package 2.

1. Is there an alternative for the IFRAME element in the newer release?

The main alternative would be the Island Framework. It allows you to embed Flex components in the FlashIslands UI element in 7.01 and Microsoft Silverlight components in the SilverlightIslands UI element in 7.02. However as mentioned the iFrame UI element is back as a supported UI element in 7.02 as well.

2. Is there an other way to play sounds in WebDynpro?

Not that I can think of on 7.0 base. In 7.01 you could use a FlashIsland.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

Thomas