Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPScript Window Order

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Morning All

Hopefully a quick one for you.

Is there a way of calling a window before the MAIN window. It seems this is always called first and then the subsequent windows (which can be called explicitly via the CALL FUNCTION 'WRITE_FORM'.)

Cheers

Ian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi lan,

we can always call a non-main window before calling a main window. are you getting any error?

regards,

vidya.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Ian

The Order is

1)Header

2)Pages

3)Window

4)Page Windows

4)Paragraph Formats

6) Chracter Formats

Thanks & regards

Sreenivasulu P

0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivasulu

Thanks for your reply. I think I may have mislead by not specifying the question correctly.

What I wish to do is set up some global variables in a window that is to be called before the MAIN window is called automatically. Is this possible or is the MAIN always called first?

Regards

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi lan,

we can always call a non-main window before calling a main window. are you getting any error?

regards,

vidya.

0 Kudos

Hi and thanks for your replies

We do not get an error, the situation is that we using the SAPSCript Raw Data Interface to pass the data to HP. We want to declare a window that will act as a placeholder for global data that will get processed first. However, in the RDI spool output, MAIN is always the first window to get processed when it is on the page, otherwise, the windows are processed implicitly in alphabetical order.

A rather complicated scenario but any help would really be appreciated!!

Thanks

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

If a page does not have a main window, the system implicitly processes all other windows of the page and continues with the subsequent page. This page must not call itself as subsequent page (recursive call), since this would produce an endless loop. In such a case, SAPscript terminates the output after three subsequent pages.

Regards,

Aniket

Please mark useful posts.