cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display attributes for a CHAR in the Excel file (BEx)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I knew that I can display attributes for a CHAR (ex: attributes - address, phone#, zip code for CHAR-Customer) when I run Web- based report. But I cannot find this function after I export the file to Excel. In the context menu for excel file, I only see 'select filter'(but no display attribute values), drilldown, properties (for query). Is it something that I cannot have in the excel file for the BEx report?

Thanks

J.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi John,

not sure your exported excel file will work or not, normal bex just works fine. try button 'change query' -> change query (local view),

in next screen right click that characteristic -> attributes' choose the attributes.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AHP,

You are right that end user can use 'change query-local view'. But then every end user can change the query design which mean that end user can move KF from 'column' to 'row'or CHARs from 'free char' to 'row/column'. Is there a way that end user can select' attributes of CHARs' but not get a chance to change query?

Thanks

J.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

If someone makes changes in the "local" view, it does not affect the query definition. You can make sure that the user cannot change the query, but not giving him the change access.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

Can you tell me how to restrict the change acess? Is it about 'role'? If so, what steps I need to do for setting it up?

Thank you for all of you.

J.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Yes, you can set it up in a role using auth object S_RS_COMP. See this link for details:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/80/1a68a7e07211d2acb80000e829fbfe/content.htm

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

Before I set role up, can end user change my query design by using 'change variable-local view'?

I am not responsible for the role setting and end users are going to use 'change local variable- local view' during training so I afraid of that it will affect my query design. Thanks.

J.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, even if the role is not set up yet (and assuming that the users do not know how to change the query they cannot affect the actual definition of the query by moving around InfoObjects in the Change-Local View.

Also the users will be using the Production environment, right, so are you allowed to make changes to queries in production (in your system)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

In fact, I found that I can move IOs in the 'rows', 'column', and 'free CHARs' and so do end user by using 'local view'. That means every one can change the query definition, right?

For your last question, that was what I want to know. How can I prevent 'end users' change those query definitions? Is it about 'role' setting, right? But I am not the one to do 'role' setting.

Thanks for help. (I will asign points when the SDN system works)

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

You are right. It didn't affect my query definition. Thank you very much.

J.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

See this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/80/1a68a7e07211d2acb80000e829fbfe/content.htm

Even if you are not the one doin the roles setting, this is what you can explain to the relevant person.

Hope this helps...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

are ur attributes defined as navigational?

sham'm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shameem,

no. For example, I can assign attributes under CHARs in the query design (EX: Product ID can have attributes- Part number', I can right click on CHAR on the Web report and select 'properties' and then select 'disply attribute value'. However, I don't see this function in the Excel report after I exported it. Thanks.

J.