cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mapping giving wrong result after change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have recently made a transport of only mapping object to production.

Only one change at a particular field is done in this changed mapping object.

Earlier the mapping was generating 1 idoc for each row from the source message. But after transporting the changed object,mapping is generating only 1 idoc for the 1st row and all the remaining row data is missing in xi.

I have compared mapping of the old version with the latest one and found no change(except the recent change in the field) and test of the old version giving correct result.

I have checked queues of both new and old version but could'nt find any genuine reason.

I dont understand why latest one is not generating idoc for each row.

Please assist !!!

Regards,

Suresh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you use a modified reimported IDoc-xsd? And testing the mapping in the test area of message mapping in DEV and PRD is giving the same result? Are you sure that nobody else changed something in the mapping?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heinrich/Sunil,

Thanks for the inputs. There is no change done to the idoc xsd and i am getting the same result in dev and qty as well.

Infact change is done by other team only at one field level and no change is done at the context level. After the change i can see even in the dev its not generating multiple idocs.

while testing they have'nt checked whether it is generating multiple idocs or not

Regards,

Suresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So check the logic for multiple idoc creation?!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heinrich,

The occurance of the IDOC node at the target side is 1-1 but the old version is giving multiple idocs and active object doesnt.

Could you please tell me what are the different ways to create multiple idocs only in mapping.

This would help me to check.

For more information in this scenario no BPM is involved.

Regards,

Suresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this one

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

You can also load an old version of the mapping. Just load the mapping and in the menu you will find "Message Mapping" => "History". Then you can compare.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

I think you have changed the Context of the one of the field at the source side which is responsible for creating the Idoc for each record at source.

Make sure that there is no context level mismatch in old and the new version.

Thanks

Sunil Singh