Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog call issue

former_member184214
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

CCM 1.0, EBP 5.0, R/3 4.7 (EBP and CCM in the same client)

I would like to have materials from backend only in CCM, not transferred to EBP. I can upload all data necessary via CSV file directly to CCM. I do not want to have leading zeroes in CCM.

Presentation of material numbers is the same in both systems.

Problem is that I cannot find proper combination of settings in EBP catalog call. Can somebody be so nice and provide me those settings?

When I put EBP system in "Logical System" field I am getting error "Product data colud not be interpreted" and I am losing all information about source of supply.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordan,

in your catalog definition (Define web services), you must check "Do not check product", otherwise SRM will try to read product in SRM, where it does not exist.

After this, SRM will commuicate this product ID to R/3, and if your product format is not Ok (same leading zeros), R/3 can also send you back an error message.

Search for previous threads on this topic.

Rgds

Christophe

former_member184214
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Christophe,

but I do not want to have leading zeroes and without materials in EBP.

How can I avoid those zeroes in catalog?

Regards

Gordan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gordan,

to be coherent, the material ID must be stored with the same format in all the systems, else it won't be considered as the same product.

The master being R/3, you must customize CCM/SRM in the same way to be consistent.

SRM Server -> Master Data -> Products -> "Define output format and storage form of product ID" --> option "Display leading zeros"

If product numbers are stored lexicographically, this indicator is set by the system automatically because in this case leading zeros are significant characters. For example, unlike nonlexicographical storage, 0123 is not the same as 123.

Look at note 864250 for SRM extracted catalogs, or 813212 for leading zeros in SUS.

Rgds

Christophe

former_member184214
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

what I found out is that if I replicate materials from backend without leading zeroes and that upload CSV file with same materials and without leading zeroes (avoiding SRM Extracted Catalog) everthing is working like I want to.

The main problem in my case is that I do not have contracts in EBP, so I cannot use automatic enhancement. This will cause a lot of manual work for enhancing SRM Product Data catalog and this I want to avoid.

Gordan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gordan,

I don't know whether I have interpretted yr requirement correctly, but giving some points which may be useful to you:

1. If you want to transfer material masters directly from R/3 to CCM ,it's possible with ECC 5.0 & CCM 2.0

the transaction is MECCM.

(you are using lower versions.)

2. If you want matl masters from EBP to CCM , you have to run a report 'BBP_CCM_TRANSFER_CATALOG' in EBP which will generate a catalog'SRM_EXTACTED_CATALOG' in CCM.

3. For your r/3 version you can use a chargeble add on from SAP - catexport , which will convert r/3 masters to CSV file.

hope it helps,

BR

Dinesh