cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Print screen and Ctrl+C options while allowing viewing original

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone tell me how to disable Print screen & Ctrl+C functions while allowing viewing access for an original. Some local softwares like Seclore offer this facility.

Important documents need to be secured from copying.

I am refering original of a Doc. in DMS system.

Vijay R Shrawage

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, Shraw,

In SPRO Define workstation application

When you display an original application file that is stored in a secure storage area, this indicator determines whether the file can be renamed.

Use

To display an original application file that is stored in the SAP database, a vault, or an archive, the system creates a copy.

u2022 In the standard SAP System, the copy is assigned a name according to the naming convention defined in the program.

u2022 Some viewing programs can only find an original application file if the copy of the file has the name that the file had when it was saved to a secure storage area. In this case, the naming convention links the redline file to the viewer file.

If you set this indicator, the copy is assigned the name that the original application file had when it was saved to the secure storage area.

Procedure

Only set this indicator if your viewer application does not allow renaming of the file.

1. Define workstation application in networking, donu2019t set u2018PRINTu2019 option for you aplication.

2. Set up office interation u2013Appl type- donu2019t select u201Cprintu2019 option for your aplication

Also check this url, it is very help full all.

http://www.valleybusinesswv.com/docs/solutionreference.pdf

Benakaraja

??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Benakaraja,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I am actully looking for security of originals. Some documents like technical reports, research papers are okay for "Reading". But they should not get copied and carried to wrong hands. Copying is possible by way of CtrlC or by taking snapshot (Printscreen) while reading. This should be prevented. Some standalone softwares gives this facility. They block CtrlC and Printscreen functions.

Please let me know, if SAP DMS has such functionality?

Regards,

Vijay R Shrawage

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shrawagevr

I think the System administrator of you IT service may be able to do it.

In some companys IT policies restrict Print .

Restricting PrintScreen alone would not suffice. Because PrintScreen takes a snapshot of full desktop area. If those "smart users" are really smart enough they wound be using Alt+PrintScreen which takes a snapshot of the active window's rectangular area!

So you will have to restrict PrintScreen as well as !PrintScreen.

So: You are checking for the Active window Title? What if the smart user minimises all the windows and keeps the report above the desktop in a deactivated state and then presses the PrintScreen. He would have his snapshot. It will be better to use IfWinExist instead.

Even if you nail-out the PrintScreen Key from the Keyboard, a real smartie can use a third party utility to crop an area and take a snapshot

Check this link

http://www.locklizard.com/

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

Edited by: MANGESH PANDE on Jun 23, 2009 8:23 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Have u got the solution? We are having similar kind of requirement in our project.

Do let me know.

Regards

Yogesh