cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of Actual cost from one WBS to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a scenario where we settle from Proj Material Consumption to AUC and from AUC to Fixed Assets. Now is there any way to settle amounts from Proj Material Consumption to AUC and settle that AUC costs to WBS of another project. And subsequently the WBS cost in the new WBS should be allowed to settle to a fixed asset or a cost center.

Regards,

Sonali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

Conceptually the mapping is wrong, i am not clear why you want to post the costs from wbs to AUC and from AUC to another WBS and from there intern to Asset.

The scenario is WBS -- AUC, the main reason of having AUC is the Asset is not yet completed for captilization, so post all the costs incurred to AUC i;e Captial WIP.

once the you post all the costs to AUC finaly you settle the same to Asset and captalize.

The scenario what you are telling is possible, could let me know under which circumstances, you are mapping this scenario.

If you let me know the scenario, i will let you know the better way of mapping.

Rgds

Sudhir Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

We have Purchase Requisitions against external activities which are created under WBS. Now once the materials are received, at the month end we settle all the Project Material Consumption cost to AUC. Now we have cases wherein the material procured for one project might be put to use in some other project and so it should logically be the 'Actual Costss' of some another project. The Installation or Put to use Date for the Asset might be some fututre date and hence the costs will be capitalized to a fixed asset in the future. The main concern is to keep on settling costs to the WBS of the Project where the Fixed Assets are actually put to use. Now, we can settle from AUC to either FIxed Asset, CTR or GL. I tried settling it to a WBS but the cost is not actually transferred to the WBS but it is transferred to a Cost Element.

So if there are no costs after settlement in the New WBS, then the subsequent FXA settlement would not be possible. Hope this infromation is sufficient.

Thanks

Sonali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

There are 2 scenarios which will are applicable for the requirement as you mentioned:

1) You need to change the way of working line if applicable like, brining in the inventory in to picture, Rise a PR with account assignment u2018Qu2019 and keep the material in the WBS stock and if that material is needed in the current project issue that material to the reservation created for WBS or automatically created for network activity while creating PR, where the consumption will be posted, then in the period end settle the costs to AUC. In case the material is required in the another project, transfer the material to another project WBS using t-code MB1B and movement type: 415 Q and repeat the process by creating a reservation and issuing the material and posting the consumption and finally settling to AUC and later to Asset.

Prerequisites for the below mentioned are

a) Inventory management active.

b) Material master available

You will be having a clear picture at every stage using this scenario, if the prerequisites doesnu2019t match, then this scenario doesnu2019t holds good.

2) In the second scenario once you create a PR for external activity the cost will be posted on the WBS directly where it is a non stock scenario. During the process the cost incurred in the current includes the another project cost as well. You need to locate the amount that has come in the current project which needs to posted on to another project. Then run the transaction KB11N (Select screen variant 05SAP) and do the reposting using the same cost element on to the new WBS element by mentioning the amount as well (you can find the cost element in the cost element report), by this way there will be credit on the current WBS and debit on new WBS. Then you can carry out the period end settlements for AUC and inturn to Asset.

Note: In this scenario Manual reposting will become a part of your Period end Activity.

Revert back to the forum if you need further clarification.

Rgds

Sudhir Reddy

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think before settling the actual cost of project material consumption to AUC, transfer the actual cost from the current WBSE to another project WBSE using Txn KB61,KB11N after that settle the new WBSE to Fixed asset or cost center.

In the standard from the AUC we can't settle the cost to WBSE of another project.

If possible test a scneriao in DEV client.

Regards,

Nag.