SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Return

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I hv a small doubt...

Budget Return - Is budget return is used to return the excess budget to SUPERIOR FUND CENTER & COMMITMENT ITEM?

Kindly highlight the business knowledge, as to when,where & how do we use this functionality.

Regards,

Purnima

7 REPLIES 7

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Budget return in BCS is simply a process of decreasing the budget on the relevant budget line.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli

Sending from Fund center A/ Commitment Item A. But which is the receiving Fund center / Commitment item.

Regards,

Purnima

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case, it's not a 'return', but a 'transfer'. When you do the transfer, indeed, you have to state the sender and the receiver, while in 'return' there is only 'sender' whose budget is being decreased.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

But where the excess buget goes?

I understood about decreasing i.e it decreases from a specific fund center/commitment item ...but the budget should also increase somewhere!!!

Regards,

Purnima

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not at all! Imagine, you have a budget of 100 and, then, you want to decrease it to 60. In this case, you do not 'send over' the 40, but simply make the currently available budget less than it was put originally.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you Eli

Regards,

Purnima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Thanks for sharing

Regards,

Purnima