cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement X-R chart in Inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My customer wants to incorporate X-R Chart in SAP. Please guide me with your valuable inputs to implement, as this is the first time I am dealing with Control Charts.

Regards

Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sam

SAP supports only X bar chart and X bar S chart ( sigma chart or standard deviation charts)

Please do the setting as per sujit's suggestion. Also you need to activate the chart in QGC1 to get the control chart.

If any issues please let me know

Regards

Gajesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sam

Use the standard available charts itself. You need not change the function module and create a new chart type.

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

sam

Use of Average(X) and Range(R) Control Chart in SAP is possible by result recording

Following Things are require to create or View the same.

1.In material master click on Check Chars.

2.Create a Sampling procedure with

sampling type:Fixed sampling & valuation mode:SPC inspection

Select control chart say 110.

3.Create a task list & Use this sampling Procedure in it againt a char for which you want to have XR control chart.(Remenber to tick single result recording with fixed scope)

4.After Inspection lot is created do RR as per sample size.

5.Check the Control chart in T code: QGC1 QGC2 & QGC3

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Sujit,

Thanks for the valuable inputs. Do we need to configure anything that is particular to X-R chart, as I couldnt find out X-R while creating Sampling Procedure ( Select control chart say 110.

). Can I have all the limits (Lower, Upper and Target). Is there any formula to be adopted for X-R chart to calculate the deviation of the results recorded.

Sorry, if my doubts are very silly. Please guide me.

Regards

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

sam

No there is no such option of X-R direcly available in Control chart type.

When you RR based on Upper ,Traget & Lower value system will calculate R-range & X- Avg value.

Also depending on this Std Deviation will be calculated which you can see in "Statistical values " in graph.

Just make sure that in Customization

QCC0>Qulaity planning>basic Data>sample,SPC>define Control Chart type

function modules are in place like for 111

Shewhart chart for x-bar / Samples : QRKT_MEAN_VALUE_SHEWHART

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot again. I need one more clarification. Can I use the below mentioned function modules for X-R chart - QRKT_MEAN_VALUE_SHEWHART / QRKT_RANGE_SHEWHART

Please correct me if I am wrong, In order to configure any new control chart, we have to use the proper function module in configuration.

Regards

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

yes rightly said by Gajesh ..do not change the standard SAP FM's.You will get the best result.

Belive me.

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone for the inputs. I will check the above said chart (111) to satisfy the purpose (X-R) and will update

Regards

Sam