cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion issue in encoding in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having a problem in conversion issue for encoding. Let's have a detailed look into the scenario first.

Scenario: SNC->PI (through Proxy)->MQ (through Receiver JMS adapter)->SeeBeyond (It's a middleware system).

Here from SNC, data are coming into PI as in UTF-8 encoding, whereas all the systems shown in the above flow are of ISO 8859_1 format. Hence UTF-8 needs to be converted into ISO 8859_1. PI does this conversion in Receiver JMS adapter. CCSID has been set to 00819 which is for ISO 8859_1 encoding. But the beginning of the xml, it remains still UTF-8, like below:-

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

Whereas the content of the xml has already been converted into ISO 8859_1 by Receiver JMS adapter. Now let's see the problem now.

Problem: After the data been passed in SeeBeyond, the mapping fails in SeeBeyond, since SeeBeyond tries to look at the XML tag from the beginning and it found it's in UTF-8 as per he tag above. Then it tries to map it in UTF-8 format whereas the content is in ISO 8859_1, so mapping fails in SeeBeyond. Please note, here allthe systems except SeeBeyond are just bypassing the data, no mapping been introduced in anywhere in the systems except SeeBeyond.

Workaround: Is there any other chance where we can change the tag header from UTF-8 to ISO 8859_1 in Receiver JMS adapter itself in PI like this:-

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso 8859_1" ?>

This might resolve our problem I think. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

Soumya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use XMLAnonymizerBean

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/02/02/remove-namespace-prefix-or-change-xml-encoding-with-the-xmlanonymizerbean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your reply. I have gone through the link you have specified. Ya, that's the other way to resolve that issue in that case. But here we have asked the receiver system (SeeBeyond) to change the encoding part in their mapping. Because changing the coding part in SeeBeyond is less time consuming than adding a new Bean in JMS adapter. Our problem got resolved by changing the mapping in Receiver end. Thanks anyway for your valuable reply.

Thanks

Soumya