cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Content Conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

I am doing a File->XI->R/3. I am using a .TXT file in the File Adapter and using File Content Conversion to convert it to XML. Now I have successfuly converted the File to XML I can see the same in Runtime, but the values are not getting passed to IDOC.

Side Note: In my Message Mapping I have passed some constants as mapping source, these values are only showing up.. in response payload.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi harry

Did you solve this problem?.I have the Same problem and I Could Not Able to Figure it out.If you Find the solution Could you please Share it.

Thanks

Dinakar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>><i>Side Note: In my Message Mapping I have passed some constants as mapping source, these values are only showing up.. in response payload.</i>

1.check if the source file has proper values.

2.Check your mapping in your integration repository.

3.After content conversion, check the xml generated. Does it have the values that were specified in the source file?

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the values wont be sent unless mapping is performed.so just verify tat u hav performed the message mapping between ur xml structure and ur idoc.

regards

jithesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the mapping, your souce has to be mapped to the target. Check the mapping in the IR after filling some source data, check the data correctly passed to the target node.

Thanks,

Prateek

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>>> In my Message Mapping I have passed some constants as mapping source, these values are only showing up.. in response payload.

Have you mapped the corresponding nodes and fields from the source (file) to your target (IDOC) ?

Try a test (using the test tab) in your message mapping and check if values are getting populated.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi harry,

log on to SXMB_MONI and check the incoming payload.

You will be able to see the incoming payload after the content conversion has been perfromed by the File adapter.

Check this payload and see if the conversion is performed perfectly.

next, test your message mapping as shown in this blog,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/16/xi-how-to-test-your-mapping-in-real-life-scenarios

Will help you trace the reason of your problem.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked my payload and the conversion is done properly, XML is generated. Now I also have done the mapping in IR also properly because it was working earlier with my XML file. Now that when I am using TXT file the values from the text not getting moved to IDOC. Its returning CODE 51.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi harry,

<i>it was working earlier with my XML file</i>

just compare the XML file, with the XML created by the content conversion. Do they match?

If your scenario is working fine with a file in XML without contenet conversion, then what this implie is that the content conversion is not generating the input as expected.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks like there is something wrong in content conversion then.

Try sending the same data as an xml file ( donot use content conversion for this). See if the idoc is getting generated.

Regards,

Smitha

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi harry,

just test your message mapping by copying the XML from your incoming Payload in SXMB_MONI. This will help you debug. follow the blog i have listed in my previous reply and let us know.

regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, please recheck the return code.

A return code of 51 is not applicable in your scenario, since such status usually occurs for outbound idocs

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did u check ur payload in sxmb_moni.check the inbound message payload in ur SXMB_MONI.chk whether file content conversion is properly done.b'cos code 51 occurs when there is no values for fields in the idoc.in the sxmb_moni chk where the error has occured.double click on ur message in moni wher u can trace the error.

regards

jithesh