Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC sender adapter doesn't reconnect after a R/3 down

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

We are in PI 7.0.

The RFC sender adapter doesn't reconnect automaticaly after a shutdown/restart of the R/3 system.

Theoritically, the system should retry after 2, 4 .... 3600 seconds but it doesn't do.

Is there anybody who have an idea ?

Thank in advance.

Best regards.

Eric.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Technically, RFC adapter establishes the connection when you activate. (after the initial configuration)

Incase of shutdown and restart of the R/3 system, the connection is lost and RFC adapter tries to establish the connection with the first message sent. Usually, it fails to reconnect with the message and requires a manual stop/start in RWB to establish the connection again. Sometimes, you may also need to activate in integration builder if stop/start does not work.

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

After the restart of R/3 system , when I look in SM59, I receive the answer that the program is not registered ( RFC sender adapter) . Before the shut down , it was registered and after the restart of the R/3 server the regitration is never done.

I read in documentation that is done automatically but that is not the case.

I there something to change or to schedule at PI side ?

best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

After the restart of R/3 system , when I look in SM59, I receive the answer that the program is not registered ( RFC sender adapter) .

As I told in my previous post, since the RFC adapter has lost the connection, the RFC destination is not registered. Just try to stop/start the channel and reactivate. the destination should work fine then.

I read in documentation that is done automatically but that is not the case.

Thats right. but it doesn't happen usually. probably u can ask SAP to explan this with an OSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Do you have any new information on this? I am facing the same problem.

Regards,

Heinrich

Former Member
0 Kudos

I posted an OSS message in the same time I posted this message and I never received an answer.

Regards.

Eric.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what message is populated when you are checking tcp/ip connection..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I donot understand the term reconnect with respect to RFC Sender , r u calling this adapter in a program (report) / or scheduled to collect data , check RFC Destination to XI is working fine

rgds

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try to send a msg through the channel? Does it go to error because of missing connection or do you "just" see the missing connection in RWB?

Regards,

Kai