cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7.0 + SRM MDM 3.0 Installation on one host

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

i would like to know, if it is possible to install SAP SRM 7.0 abap + java and SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 on one host.

The installation should based on a WIN2k3 64Bit Server with Oracle 10g.

I think i have read in the installation document of SRM 7, that SAP recommend to install abap separately from java.

But i think it can work at on host. has somebody experience about this or can me explain why it cant work?

Alternatively the difficulties, if i try to do this.

Thanks

best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

2 instance (ABAP and Java) in 1 host is possible. We use it in DEV and QAS system.

I think you have Portal server. You can also deploy SRM-MDM catalog UI on portal server.

Regards,

Masa

0 Kudos

Hello Masa,

thanks for your reply.

To play it save, its SRM 7 where SAP says that is no longer possible to use a doublestack system.

So i'm confused about your statement.

best regards

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I mean 2 separate installation in 1 host.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Tobias

SRM 7.0 is based on Netweaver release 7.01 and does not anymore have the notion of double-stack ABAP+JAVA system.

There are two different systems that should be installed ABAP and JAVA with different SID and different database. Some components are installed on ABAP, some on JAV, follow hte two installation guides (one for ABAP, one for JAVA)

As for the question about one host, yes ofcourse, provided that the server has enough resources. For two systems like this, on Win64 the minimum resources for development systems (for production need proper sizing) you need a couple of good quad CPUs, 8GB RAM, big page file (50GB) plus database and /usr/sap size

regards

Lukas