cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filenaming convention-Receiver adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In a file to file scenario, I am sending a file with specific file name and now at the receiving end i used have the file name as same name along with timestamp and a counter both. Is there any dynamic file naming program available.

Please provide some suggestions.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You can go for dynamic configuration in your messsage mapping....

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2009/03/26/dynamic-configuration-vs-variable-substitution--the-ultimate-battle-for-the-file-name

/people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/28/dynamic-file-namexslt-mapping-with-java-enhancement-using-xi-30-sp12-part-ii

/people/william.li/blog/2006/04/18/dynamic-configuration-of-some-communication-channel-parameters-using-message-mapping

Regards,

Swetha.

Edited by: Swetha Reddy on Jun 22, 2009 10:20 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can we use a dynamic file name along with the counter in the receiver file adapter.

I want my target file name as POcreation_<DateTime>_<Countervalue>

i.e My file name is always going to be constant for ex. POCreation and the date can be received in the UDF using the sysdate. But I want it to be added with a counter. Let me know if this possible.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please provide more inputs.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi....

Create a new field in the target structure.

For that map like below

DynamicConfiguration -->

Counter --> concate --> Targetfield

And use variable substituion in the reciever communication channel.and also choose file construction mode as 'AddTimeStamp'.

If you dont want the extra field in the target payload, use FCC and remove that extra field.

Thanks ,

Leela

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nithiyanandam,

this blog should help you : /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14

Raghu

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this Blog: /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14

Regards,

Abhishek.