cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invoice cancellation and goods issue reversal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

i have successfully cancelled an invoice. the delivery status has become "being processed" again.

however, goods issue could not be reversed. i noticed that the cancellation billing document type S1 did not have a corresponding accounting document. could this be the cause? if so, would the solutions be on FI side?

many thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think so !!!!!

In VL09, just enter the delivery reference against the field "Inbound / Outbound Delivery" and also ensure that at the bottom screen, the black dot is in either of the first two options. It should not have been on the third one, in which case, you cannot process.

Alternatively, you can also try by maintaining only the shipping point and place your mouse on the selection option "Outbound Dely".

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello!

the cancellation of remaining items worked...

many thanks!!!

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jonathon,

What error message pops up when reversing goods issue? If reversing last month's goods issue, the "reverse date" should be changed to the current month by using "define date" (in VL09).

On my side, no matter accounting document is generated or not, delivery can be reversed, even deleted.

But, we should pay attention to the accounting document. Has your original billing document been released to accounting? If the original billing document, say F2, has been released to accounting, the accounting document of S1 should be generated. Otherwise, it causes problem in customer's A/R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

we already looked at OBA7. but i think Cathy could be right, as the billing document was created on March and the cancellation invoice was dated April.. I am now checking if the latter was done with March already closed.

many thanks for your quick and insightful response!

regards.

see? i learned something new again today!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jonathon,

> see? i learned something new again today! 🙂

Very true, Everyday by giving answers and reading the replies of experts we are learning a lot. And each responses makes us a good consultant everyday........

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

oops... re-posted my earlier mail. will update on findings!

regards.

Edited by: jonathan y on Jun 22, 2009 5:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

just an update...

the original sales invoice was created on march, and was edited a few minutes later. the invoice was cancelled on april. currently periods May and June are open.

we tried to do VL09 without specifying the date, so that the current date will be the default. the system returned the message "no data available for these selection criteria".

for this customer, invoice cancellation have resulted in FI documents. no FI documents were generated for this transaction, and the process from the point-of-view of the billing document (using VFX3) was "billing document created". the status of the cancellation in the document flow is "completed". releasing the cancellation to accounting was not possible or relevant.

i am still trying to figure this out; hopefully with your help i would.

many thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

an update...

i looked into the F2 invoice type. there were 4 items. the first 3 items had sub-items due to batch determination. the 4th item did not have batch determination, and had quantity 0.

the cancellation document, on the other hand, contained only the 4th item, which had 0 quantity. this is why no accounting document was generated.

however, the existence of the cancellation prevents the cancellation for the balance of the F2 invoice.

my questions:

1. cancellation is supposed to be for the entire billing document. how was it that only the 4th item was cancelled, and with 0 quantity?

2. is there any solution or should this be elevated to SAP?

hoping for your opinions.

regards and thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

i discovered that you can cancel individual billing items! VF11 is not just limited to the entire billing document. this is true even if the billing relevance for the item category is "A".

let's say our sales order has 2 items, item 10 and item 20. we deliver and post goods issue, and then invoice. an accounting document for the 2 items is created.

let's say we use VF11 to cancel line item 20. an accounting document is created for line item 20 alone. the entire invoice has indicator updated to cancelled and the delivery becomes "being processed".

you can cancel the balance of this invoice using VF11 and clicking on "selection list".

i am testing this again and will post again.

many thanks!!!

Edited by: jonathan y on Jun 24, 2009 12:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jonathon,

Did u check the posting status of S1, here Goto > Header > Posting Status...... if no accounting document is generated u can check settings at OBA7. Or else u have to ask FI to see the reason.

Thanks,

Raja