cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Recover Maxdb "control" user password?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day;

We are trying implementing the latest SAP LiveCache release.

Unfortunately, we canu2019t do this since the password of users control, superdba, and other maxdb database default users are not known. This is becoming a real problem by time since no one can login to this database using the database manager application, hence, no one can administer this database properly.

The LCA, LDA, LEA connection between SAP SCM instance DSC and liveCache instance DSL, however, are already set up correctly and connection is healthy between DSC and DSL but the password used for this connections is unknown.

Is there any way SAP could help us on recovering the lost passwords of the users control and superdba without the need to trash the liveCach database and recreate it again as this is not acceptable by the

business users.

Thanks,

Ahmad,,,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ahmad,

well, in general SAP is right, the fact that you have lost passwords is not product error, and easy way how to hack in the livecache would be security issue.

you cant try 2 things:

1)

check if you have xuser configured , run command:

xuser list

with the <sid>adm user on SAP appication server

-> most probably you do not have this but it is worth to check this

if the xuser is configured correctly, you can use sap note 25591 to change all passwords

following procedure is on your own risk !!!

2)

IF you can user LC10 transaction without errros , then try

a) Lc10 -> monitoring -> administration , stop liveCache

b) on the left side tree find something like: tools ->DBMCLI (command line) and run command

user_put control password=<new_password>

c)for DBMGUI see the follow up step in 25591

d) do not forget to change administration data for all connection in DB59 for control user

e) start liveCache with LC10

now if all went fine you now know control password and you can administrate liveCache without any issues

changing superdba could be more difficult and we can start with superdba user, once the control user works fine

Regards

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ivan,

Thanks alot for your helpfull hints. i managed to reset the password of control and i now can manage the database normally.

thanks again....

Points have been awarded.

Regards,

Ahmad...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ahmad,

there is no easy way how to do this , I prefer not to give you steps here in this forum as you can make things on you system even works than thay are now.

if LCA connection works fine , please open SAP message with R/3 connection. we should be able to help you there.

Regards

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ivan,

thanks for your replay. I already opened a message to SAP (# 610830 / 2009 ) for this issue. Unfortunately, SAP have replayed refusing to help. They say that this is not part of their job and I should look for help somewhere else like SDN.

Could you please tell me what need to be done and i will involve someone from our SAP BASIS experts to work with me on it just to make sure everything done correctly.

Regards,