cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Unit Stock Transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I would need some assistance on how to carry out stock transfers between storage units. I have a practical issue, where i want to transfer storage unit quantity from one sales order to another sales order. What is the transaction i have to use & what is the movement corresponding to this.

Shall await an early reply.

Thanks & Regard

Shabeen Buhary

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

use Tcode MB1B and movement type 413E.

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay,

Thats right but what i want is via SAP WM.The warehouse management transaction & movement

Regards

Shabeen Buhary

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check LT01 transaction.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

The problem further explained.

I have an issue with stock transfer for storage units. My scenario is as follows:

Storage unit is defined as roll form in our industry (apparel). So when i GRN Stocks for eg: MAT A 100yds, i have to palletize the stocks in roll form as 55yds = 1roll & 45yds = another roll.

Case 1:

I grn 200yds of fabric which is allocated for two sales order / line items and the roll form is created as follows:

55yds - Roll1 ( for Sales Order / Line item A)

45yds - Roll1 ( for Sales Order / Line item B)

• Same roll satisfying two sales order / line item qty

another for the second 100yds

55yds - Roll2 ( for Sales Order / Line item B)

45yds - Roll2 ( for Sales Order / Line item A)

• Same roll satisfying two sales order / line item qty

When i need to issue for a production order of Sales Order A, a requirement of 100yds, i have to issue it from Roll1(55yds) & Roll2(45yds). My question is, are there any ways in WM where i could transfer the qty between storage units so that i have ROLL 1 100yds for Sales Order / Line item A & ROLL 2 100yds for Sales Order / Line item B. So when it comes to issuing i only need to issue from a single roll for either of the Sales Order / Line item.

Hope this is clear.

What is the WM transaction & relevant movement type to accomplish this task.

Eagerly awaiting a response.

Thanks & Regards

Shabeen Buhary

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's difficult to understand what you are saying...

As I understand:

- you are working in MTO environment

- you have two SOs: SO_A & SO_B

- both SOs have two line items: SO_A 10, SO_A 20; SO_B 10, sO_B 20

- you have a raw material (roll), you have two batches: batchX, batchY (I assume you are using batch management because w/o batch management this would be no problem)

- batchX corresponds to SU(X), batchY to SU(Y) in WM /SU=storage unit/

- the raw material is assigned to sales order special stock in the following way:

SO; SO_item; batch; qty; SU

SO_A; 10; batchX; 55; SU(X)

SO_A; 20; batchY; 45; SU(Y)

SO_B; 10; batchY; 55; SU(Y)

SO_B; 20; batchX; 45; SU(X)

In this case you have to use the before suggested MIGO + 413E. During GR you can also receive the goods with proper batch number and there would be no reason for any booking after that.

You cannot change the stock type through WM (in standard system). First comes IM only then WM (generally). That's all.

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Csaba,

Thankyou very much for your prompt response.

You have understood the scenario to near perfection, ideally this is the scenario.

Inventory management i grn 200yds of fabric for SO_A /Line item 10 & SO_A /Line item 20. Thus when GRN it would be in the same batch ( Batch A)

In WM i palletize the stock as below

SO_A / Line item 10 - Roll 1 (55yds)

SO_A / Line item 20 - Roll 1 (45yds)

SO_A / Line item 10 - Roll 2 (45yds)

SO_A / Line item 20 - Roll 2 (55yds)

• All the above Rolls (Storage unit are of the same batch A)

Since both rolls that is Roll1 & Roll2 are shared across two line items, is there any possibility in the WM system where i could transfer the Roll stocks and ensure the stocks are as below:

SO_A / Line item 10 - Roll 1 (100yds) * by doing a storage unit transfer between SO/Line items (10&20)

I am transferring 45yds from Roll 1 from SO_A / Line item 20

to Roll 2.

SO_A / Line item 10 - Roll 2 (100yds) * by doing a storage unit transfer between SO/Line items (10&20)

I am transferring 45yds from Roll 2 for SO_A / Line item 10

to Roll 1.

Hope this is clear.

Please pardon me for asking this question, since i am new to WM. I would want to know, if we have to do this via MB1B & LT06 for movement 413e or can we do it straight way in WM via LT10.

Thanks once again for your prompt response

Regards

Shabeen Buhary

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shabeen,

If Roll1 and Roll2 are different materials (they have different material numbers in your system), you have to manage the transfer first in IM (MIGO - transfer posting - other - mvt 413).

It is not possible to change the special stock degment of goods only in WM as it was explained previously.

If Roll1 & Roll2 have the same material number, I do not understand your question (since both Roll1&Roll2 have the same batch number you can't make difference the goods in SAP > there's no point in speaking about which roll belongs to which SO item).

So, please understand that mere 'SU-transfer" won't change the special stock segment.

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Csaba,

Thankyou very much for your assistance.

Regards

Shabeen Buhary

Answers (0)