Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password Issue

former_member676613
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please help, I am facing password issue that one of my user is not able to log in because of "Many Failed Attempts" the error he is getting " No Logon possible - Failed due to many wrong attempts" i have also reset his Password thru SU01 and given him the new password then also i am getting the same errror " No Logon possible - Failed due to many wrong attempts" Please suggest if i am wrong and guide me with right way.

Thanks,

Chandresh

11 REPLIES 11

former_member701183
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the value of UFLAG field in usr02 after you change the password and unlock user. Also let me know whether you are doing it in CUA system as at times there happens issue with Password reset due to idoc failure between Central and clild system. The possible values in UFLAG are 0,32,64,128 and 192. Check which value is there after unlock. If CUA is there then check with Basis the status of the IDoc. (02,03,31,12,51 etc) and check the CUA user is it selff unlocked or not.

Regards

Aveek.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for prompt help, but i am not in CUA sustem..

Thanks,

Chandresh Bajpai

0 Kudos

Did u unlock the user id in SU01?

Edited by: Anish John on Jun 22, 2009 12:12 PM

0 Kudos

Hi,

You are not in CUA that is fine. But did you unlock the user and reset password? After that you need to check in table usr02. Please let us know if any issue.

Regards

Aveek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to logon in different system (Another system) .if itu2019s working then Close all the sap sessions including SAP GUI and then try with new password.

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Experts,

> Please help, I am facing password issue that one of my user is not able to log in because of "Many Failed Attempts" the error he is getting " No Logon possible - Failed due to many wrong attempts"

This is controlled by profile parameter login/fails_to_user_lock. If the number of Incorrect attempts (with wrong password) is equal to the value of this parameter then the user id is Locked (Lock category 128).

i have also reset his Password thru SU01 and given him the new password then also i am getting the same errror " No Logon possible - Failed due to many wrong attempts" Please suggest if i am wrong and guide me with right way.

>

After resetting the password the user should close his/her opened session where he/she was trying to login with incorrect password and then open new session of that system again to login with the reset password. The reason is the Old session was not populated with the reset password and new Lock status (i.e. 0 now)... to remove those values and populate the User context with new values.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which release are you on and which type of user is this?

In earlier releases the table was buffered on the application server and possibly could have been invalidated (do a where-used-list lookup on the field and take a look at those programs do, particularly in the Z* and Y* range....). But in the latest release the buffering has been removed, so this logon / logoff and closing sessions should not be necessary in my opinion.

My guess would be that a (downward incompatible or incorrect) password is coming in from some client server component (e.g. an RFC connection). That is typically the case in my experiences.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

repetition removed by moderator

Edited by: Bernhard Hochreiter on Jun 23, 2009 1:29 PM

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I assume that your ABAP system has a basis release (SAP_BASIS) 7.x

In that case, kindly notice that the password is case-sensitive (in general).

Has the user tried to logon to the system (directly) using SAPGUI?

Or is the user some other kind of frontend technology to access the system?