cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printing issue in background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a custom report with three output options: screen, email & printer. For screen output we are using classical report output and for printer output we are using sapscript.

Recently i added two columns to the screen output which enhances the line-size from 255 to 296.

Now when i am giving printer output option, in foreground it is triggering assigned sapscript and giving proper print, but when i am submitting the program in background for printer option it is giving an error Formant "" is not defined for printer DL02 .

But in the report if i change the line-size to 255 or less then it is not giving the above error in background, and printing properly.

When i check the same in debugging when i am submitting the report for printer option in background it have page format as blank, when i change this to LETTER or something else it is printing properly.

If i change the line-size to 255 and check in debugging for background then also it has blank page format, but it is not giving any error.

If the line-size is more than 255 then only it is looking page format and giving error, if the line-size is less than 255 even if page format is blank it is not checking and not giving any error.

Is there any option to overcome this issue.............

Thanks,

Bhushan reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the Format Properties of the Output Device 'DL02'. I guess may be it is not supporting with Columns '296'. may be it is created for '255' columns only.

we can check this properties when u process a report to run in Background from ur selection screen, a pop-up with output device screen will appear, in this if you select the push button 'PROPERTIES' & check for the Columns....

If that is the case, contact ur basis team to solve this issue.

Hope it helps!!

Rgds,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

For this printer format is blank,, if i changed it to LETTER it is printing the report.

It is giving same error to most of the printers, i tried LP10/WE30,,,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think its related to BASIS issue, not ABAP...better check with ur basis team...

Rgds,

Pavan