cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI - getting all errors in implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing a strange error in NWDI. The application was working fine , while building I got Out Of Memory error and the build failed. As I was not able to do anything further , I closed NWDS and reopened it. Now my application is giving all errors - in the contexts , models , etc.

The implementation is all filled in red - with errors .

Please help me in correcting this.

Regards

Shilpa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have more number of DC's and if all your DC's are open then this type of error will exist(Out of memory error).Here the heap size might be exceeding so it is giving Out of memory error.

Close the remaining DC's and try to open the DC which you are working,

and then build the project and see...

If the implementation shows errors right click on the dc and goto repair-->Project structure and classpath..and try to rebuld the project.check wether the implementation is still showing errors or not.

Hope this helps you...

Regards,

Saleem

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

Some times when your build is un successfull, the internal code which will create when you build will be stopped immediately, so the code will be incomplete.

Soution for this is....

Go to Navigation tab... expand your project structure and delete "packages" folder of "gen_wdp" folder(which consist of internal files .java ).

Go to Web Dynpro Explorer, "Rebuild" the project and then Build the DC.

As your using NWDI, your latest check in will be there in inactive DC's, you can get the last checked in code and start working ( in extreme situaitons ).

Thanks,

PradeeP

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try rebuilding / Reloading the DC?

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

This error occurs as the NWDS runs out of memory during the build of a DCs.

The NWDS reads all the objects in a DC like you component controller, view controller etc. The NWDS then tries to resolve the dependences in these objects and save them with the references. If it runs out of memory sometimes these objects are saved with size 0 (the whole object is lost) or the references are not properly saved or the mappings of the context are lost (hence the errrors).

You can increase the memory used by the javaw.exe or as mentioned reduce the number of open DCs. Keep only the ones you are working on open.

Also, try to take a local backup of the DCs before working on them.

Regards,

Kartikaye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Close all the remaining projects in your NWDS. Now close your IDE and open. And you can select the filter to display the errors, warnings for different projects. There you select only your project.

(Or)

Try changing the workspace.

Right click on NWDS shortcut on desktop and in shortcut tab

in target input:

For example already you have like this

D:\IDE70\eclipse\SapIde.exe -vm "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_04\bin\javaw.exe"

then at the end add

-data "C:\NewWorkspace"

(Or)

Take the backup of .metadata folder, then delete that from your workspace.

If you delete the .metadata file - It will no do any harm to your existing projects in your workspace.

But you need to import them into the NWDS again.

If there is any issue you delete the new .metadata and place the old backup .metadata.

Regards,

Charan

former_member187702
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you please tell me what are the exact steps to be followed for increasing the workspace size from javaw.exe.

Regards

Shilpa

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

Most of the time with NWDS 7.0 release this problem occurs. Mostly this occours when we try to build some DC or try to deploy a particular DC. This is a kind of know issue. I was working in one of the teams in SAP which was using this version of NWDS. There is kind of a fix for this.

There are few VM parameters which you can change and can increase the memory consumption size for this IDE. Follow these steps:

1) Go to the folder where the NWDS is installed. You can get this folder by, Right click the shortcut icon of NWDS on your desktop and copy the path of "Start In".

2) Go to this particular path. it will look like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\IDE\IDE70\Eclipse".

3) Oopen the file vm.parameters in notepad. And change the values of VM parameters. Use these settings:

-Xmx1024m

-Xms1024m

-XX:PermSize=128m

-XX:MaxPermSize=128m

I hope this will surely solve your issue of Out of memory. Please revert back in case you need any further help on this. Also I would suggest that please check the RAM of your system. The recommended RAM is >1 GB for running NWDS successfully, otherwise you will face such issues continously at time of Build & Deploy.

I hope this solves your issue.

Thanks and Regards

Pravesh