cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check Server Shutdown and Startup History in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guru's . One of the background job failed on saturday. And i want check the duration and the history when the server shutdown and startup. I can check the server startup time at ST02 t-code. But i want to check the entire history of server shut down. Please guide me through. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

You can get the system availability history from available.log in work directory.

Rgds,

Mat.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

You can see the System logs in SM21 . Background job failure can be viewed in SM37 .

As said before go through \usr\sap\TST\DVEBMGS00\work directory and see the logs. Files like dev_disp , dev_ms ,dev_rfc.trc ,stderr1,stderr2,stderr3,stderr4 will have the log information . These files will have the information after the last system start .

Anyway if want to see the old logs before server shutdown , see the old logs in old files like dev_disp.old,dev_ms.old .

Regards,

Nibu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Apart from the OS level trace files, I would also suggest you to have a look into SM21 (System Logs). SM21 can provide you with pretty good information about SAP start/stop date and time. Select the date accordingly in the menu for the required info.

Regards,

Pranay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just got to the /usr/sap/SID/DV*/work directory and check the avalible.log.It shall show you all the date and the duration when the system was not avalible.

If you have not stopped the system after saterday. you can check in /home/sidadm the stopsap.log that is written while stopping the system.

thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ram

maybe this one can help you

File name : Alert_SID.log u2013> Location : /oracle/SID/saptrace/background

consist of instance activity (startup, shutdown, switch logfile, parameter change, error, etc)

rgds,

Della

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram

If that is the case with my server then i would definetly search for at Work directory for complete logs

\usr\sap\TST\DVEBMGS00\work

EventViewer (Application and System logs) and the SAP Management Console (MMC).

Regards

Uday