cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Configure a Service Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario here where my client wants a service type to be entered into the sales order. I am wondering is there such thing as a service order. If there is, I trully appreciate advise on how the process is and where should I configure it. I hope some one could refer the configuration steps to me.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards,

Yvonne

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In standard such order is not available.

As of my knowledge service order can be configured in customizing.

For this first and foremost,we have to create a service material.The standard materisl type that is available is "DIEN".

Create a service material using MM01 T.Code.

Next create a new order type using VOV8 T.Code.

Maintain the orer related billing only.

Goto VOV7,you can use the existing item category or you can define a new one also.

In this item relevant for delivery tick mark is there.uncheck this one.

Schedule lines allowed.Un check this one also.

goto VOV4 T.Code,determine the item category for your order type.

In VTFA T.Code maintain the copy control between the billing type and order type.

In VOV8 T.Code donot maintain any data in delivery tab.

Save.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the input Krishna.

Ite really helps a lot. But I have one more doubt. What about the pricing procedure. Do I need to configure anyting as of now it comes out zero in my sales order when I enter the rate at PR00 and also when I create billing doc by ref to the service order it prompt me an error saying document is not relevant for billing when I have already set the order-related billing.

Appreciate your advice on this.

Thank you!

Edited by: Yvonne Lee Sook Fun on Jun 22, 2009 7:58 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1) Have you assigned any pricing procedure to your document types(Sales order and Billing)? If not, please assign pricing procedure to sales order type and billing type.

2) If yes, maintain condition record for PR00 in VK11 tcode.

try and revert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yvonne,

The Item Category for services material is TAD, which comes with all standard SAP settings.

No Need to change any settings in TAD.

You will have to create a Service Order Document, then carry out all SO determination steps in SPRO.

Assign TAD to Service Order, then define a Pricing Procedure and assign it to the Serv Order.

Similarly define Document Pricing Procedure and assign it to Service Order.

Next time when you create the Service Order, the sustem will check the combination of Customer Pricing Procedure/ Document Pricing Procedure/ Pricing Procedure/ Condition Type and search for the relevant condition record, PR00 in this case.

Make sure you have maintained the condition record before creating a Service Order.

Let me know if this works.

Cheers

Mohammed

Edited by: Mohammed Raheel on Jun 22, 2009 9:01 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto OVKK T.code,Assign the pricing procedure for your sales document type.

In V/08 T.Code,for your pricing procedure,goto control.

Maintain the condition type PR00 as required.

Save.

Create the condition record for PR00 using VK11 T.Code.

Save.

While creating the order this price will automatically updated.

Maintain the copycontrol between your order type and billing document type.

In VOV8 T.Code maintain this billing type for the field order related billing.

In VOV7 T.code,for your item category,maintain the billing relevance as "F" or "I(if you are using billing plan)".

Save.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have already done all and the price auto appears in sales order but when I tried to do billing with reference to the sales order it prompts me the message saying that the document is not relevant for billing. I really have no idea where went wrong as I used the default billing type F2 only.

Appreciate all of your inputs in this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

In VOV7 for your item category in the field RELEVANT FOR BILLING maintain value as B

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here you are combining 2 items in the sales order:

i. relevant for delivery (FERT)

ii. not relevant for delivery (DEIN)

The copy control needs to be set and in item category you need to define delivery related billing or order related billing.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have maintained billing type as F1 and I am using the default item category TAD with billing relevance as B. Now I am getting an error saying my document type could not be invoiced with billing type F2. I have maintained copy control from service order to billing document type F1.

Appreciate all of your inputs in this.

Thank you in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Take a look at your order type in transaction VOV8 & check the section under Billing -- make sure F1 is specified there. Correct if necessary, then give it another try. Good luck.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you very much for all the inputs. I have managed to create a service order succesfully. The main reason is due to my schedule line maintained is CV (MRP) but is actually not needed since no delivery and goods issue needed for a service item.

Cheerios!~

rajiv_trivedi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go for Material Type DIEN so it will give item category WVC/WVN not relevant for Delivery.

Order Type SC Maintain PR00 in pricing procedure & make Sales order--> No delivery. Direct Billing as DIEN is Orderrelated billing

Rajiv Trivedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try with following order types:-

RAS:- Repair and service.

SC :- Service and Maintainence

But for RAS the SD document category is H which is used for returns and SC the SD document category is G which is Contracts.

If these order types solve your purpose.

Regards

Prashant Ranalkar