Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"batch and update" in VF04

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

In VF04, there's a tab called "batch & update".

No matter I check the boxes ("list display", "issue collective processing log") or not, the report seems no difference. Am I right?

For "synchonous via VB log" & "synchonous w/o VB log", what's difference between them?

Pls advise. Thx.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cathy,

I was just testing about the different scenarios,

Your first doubt : about Batch Processing :

List display : u can see here its check boxes, that means u can select both list display and issue collective log, when u will only select list display it wont display any log of records.....

when u will check both then along with the list you can also see the log ( it works when i submitted this in background)

now regarding Updates:

I guess via VB and W/o Vb synchronous updates are for making due list updates accordingly. For example when u have submitted billing due list and at the same time some of the bills are already in processing stages by some other users so in that case it will update synchronously. However i am not able to check difference between these two.

Thanks,

Raja

Edited by: Raja Singh Chhabeda on Jun 22, 2009 9:29 AM

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

When I just select "list display", the system still pops up logs. For e.g., it says "missing MWSI" if the billing doc really misses it. Suppose this log cannot pop up since "issue collective processing log" has not been selected. Right?

By the way, what does VB mean by?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess when u will tick the issue collective log then it will give u collective log for all the delivery. let me check once and i will confirm.

Thanks,

Raja

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Sorry to bother you again. Any update?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cathy,

I just checked Batch Processing update for List and collective display :

What i found is :when i submitted the job at background, at the spool log display i saw :

1) when i check only List display then in the spool list wise billing (individual log was there)

2) when i checked both Collective billing log was also there , i.e. if the dates and payer was different it was saying in log.

You also process VF04 in back ground and can see the difference.

The Batch Processing is only applicable for Background submission of job.

more over when i clicked none no difference was there.

Still i have to find the "VB" means.... I guess it may be related to some synchronized updates....

Thanks,

Raja