SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit payments, Payment Lots/Return lots and Bank Clearing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP experts,

Can anyone advice on how to automatically create a final bank clearing transaction in FI-CA using payment lots or any other solution.

i.e. Cr Bank Clearing Account

Dr Bank Account

I am working on a solution to enable direct debit payments in FI-CA. We have been able to generate the ACH payment file through the DME and the output file is created during a Payment run. Each payment also creates a clearing document in the Contract account (i.e. an entry also in the Bank Clearing account).

When we receive an ACH retun file from the bank. How can we create the Clearing transaction with thr Final Bank account.

NB: We are not using EBS and it does not look like we can use the External Payment Collector ferature (please correct me if I am wrong).

I have been researching for a long time now and havent found the right solution.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check these threads:

Regards,

Siva

0 Kudos

Hi Siva:

Thanks for your reply. Your replies suggest using Bank statements i.e. manual bank statements might be the way to go.

My client want a solution where the amounts are transferred to the Final Bank account automatically, the same way it happens using Check Lots i.e. FP25.

That is, in check lots, once you run FP25 for incomings two posting are generated:

(a) Dr Contract Account, Cr Bank Clearing

(b) Cr Bank Clearing, Dr Final (Deposit) Bank account.

Do you know of any solution in FI-CA where Payment Lots, Payment Order lots can generate both postings? As far as I know, Payment Lots (FP05) and Payment Order lots (FP45) only generate Posting (a) above and not (b)

Thanks in advance

Edited by: wole fawe on Jun 22, 2009 3:34 PM