cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find out how this process is being triggered

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a new process that has started to show up in the Process Overview and I am finding it hard to track down the source.

In SM50 it polls many Reports (on a refresh) but on this refresh it is SAPLERFC, I know it is new because it is always run by a certain user and it never disappears. Also the time never gets high on this, either 0 or 1.

If I look at this user in SM04 I see their Terminal is the name of the SAP server with type of RFC.

I can see the process but can't find what is triggering it, I know it isn't a background job as none are running.

I have tried SMQ1 and SMQ2 but can't find the source.

Question: How can I track down the source?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One thing I can tell you that you are getting this Program SAPLERFC because of asynchronous or transaction RFCs getting executed in some other system which are connected to this system.

So you can check if some jobs are running in the connected system or if you read the trace file of that WP carefully, you may get some hints.

With Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cheers Saurabh,

I think the RFC are being executed from this machine on the LOCAL RFC, I could be wrong here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could use the Tcode - SMGW >> Goto>>, this might give you the trace about the RFC connection origin.

Regards,

Pranay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pranay, I only got back into the office today and like magic it had disappeared ?? This command looks like the one I was looking for, cheers