cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export/Import configuration data/ other details in CUP, SPM and ERM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

How we can export the connectors, Workflows, initiators, stage , approvers , configurations from CUP, ERM, SPM Development to their production system ?. We have option to export configuration data and connecters option in RAR but option is not seen in CUP, ERM or SPM . Is there a way? I am on AC 5.3 SP5. Is it planned for any future SP release ?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sahad,

SPM front-end doesn't have much to transfer so you will have to do it manually. SPM back-end has import/export table feature using which you can download tables from Dev and upload them into Prod.

In CUP, you can export data from Dev via configuration -> initial system data and import the same data through the same link in Prod.

In ERM, almost every configuration screen has import and export button. Use the export button to download the data from Dev and use import button to upload that data into prod.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent Alpesh

I knew you are going to help me on this!! once again, excellent help.

In ERP system , go /n/virsa/vfat ->utilities -> download for downloading the SPM ones ?

Thanks once again, Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are welcome, Sahad.

Yes, you need to go to the utilities when you are in SPM to download/upload table data.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh

In our GRC CUP, connectors are connecting towards their corresponding development backend system.

ie suppose AMD is the name of connector to ERP backend dev . when we download this connector and upload this in grc production, it will only create a connector to AMD ( ERP backend dev) but the connector should be actually to the AMP ( ERP backend production ). Is there a way to answer this?. When we download the zip file , it contains all xml files ? How you can address these issues ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sahad,

In this case, it is not a straight export and import so you will have to create new connectors in the prod system. If the workflow is dependent upon connectors then it will be of no use as well. You can go to workflow and replace AMD with AMP and then remove AMD connector from Prod.

All of this data will be in xml files so you just need to import this xml files with the insert option.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh

Is there a how to guide to import to production for CUP/SPM/ERM ? I have seen the guide for RAR. Is that available or any set of recommended practice to follow when moving to production for them?

Thanks in advance.

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sahad,

- in SPM, there is no configuration but the connectors. You can just create those in one place (no point in even doing it in a test system)

- in ERM, there's also little value of testing. You might as well only configure one system and keep the audit information consistent.

- CUP has an export configuration option. Unfortunately you always have to export a whole tree, whereas you might probably only want to export a few items of a workflow configuration (most likely the stages). Almost all of the other configuration (approvers, connectors etc. is either trivial or different in the production system anyway (you usually work with test users in DEV, at least that's my experience).

Frank.

Answers (0)