cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI on IDES?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Like other SAP modules..is there XI available on IDES?...There is one for portal right?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no i dont think there is any IDES for XI

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

If you are talking about IDES Access,then yeah,they do have SAP PI system.

http://www.idesaccess.com/systems.html

For your second question,please search on SDN first and then open a new question if you dont find a solution.Don't keep on asking totally different questions in the same thread.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aamir,

Appreciate ur response, yet if u have a second look at the thread and the flow of the thread ,

It frames itself in response to the answers received..videlicet...if there is no IDES, what do we do in the blueprint generally...along with my opinion on it such as h/w sizing and other inputs i got from sdn ...

So "keep on asking" as u mentioned was not the idea, the intention was to find a solution or atleast have an adumbrate on the aboove.

Edited by: Ibrahim on Jun 21, 2009 5:13 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

There is no need of IDES for blueprinting,H/W sizing etc anyway

these days most of the blueprinting,roadmap documentation is maintained in Solution Manager.

i have seen several clients who use MS Sharepoint for this as well.

The reason i asked you not to change the questions is because any one who wishes to reply to a question will look only at the subject,now lets says some has a very good idea about blueprinting,h/w sizing etc,he most probably wont look at your thread because it says "XI on IDES?" so you will miss on that.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no need is fairly evident,

but untill actual development starts if work begins on IDES same can be used for sandbox atleast thats the discussion i was having with my team ...

Ne wez i see it from ur perspective as well as far the subject line theory goes...Will keep this idea in mind as well...

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use Discovery box for that.its a sandbox system provided by SAP for the same purpose

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/discoverysystem

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

oh.. I dint come across this before..

let me research more on this...but 7.1 is currently not on cards for tis client..its a small implementation.

Sincerely appreciate ur replies to my juvenile queries...

Thank you

Edited by: Ibrahim on Jun 21, 2009 5:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx for input Shabz (especially cos its a sunday today ) ...I spent quite sometime searching for some details on it...

So, what is generally done in the blue print phase of a XI project?

H/w sizing,Busines process design?..Func spec etc is still in development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ibrahim,

Check this links and find out how the projects are carried out:

Also please search in SDN with the required words like sizing etc then you will have enough help on them.

---Satish

Edited by: Satish Reddy on Jun 21, 2009 5:16 AM