cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace Java WS with abap WS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I am currently working to replace java WS with abap WS without changing the proxy class.

My assumption is if i have the same signature for both services i just need to change the logical port

to the new service wsdl and this will work.

the problem is that when i try to create new LP in SOAMANAGER i get error .

i see that the name space for abap service is different from java service.

What i can do to solve the problem ?

BR

Ricardo Arona

maybe i can do that with ESR,if so any guide will help.

Edited by: ricardo arona on Jul 10, 2009 12:39 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>i see that the name space for abap service is different from java service.

Namespace should be same. Ideally you create definition in ESR and do the implementation in either ABAP or Java using WSDL and then configure endpoint using SOAMANAGER.

So if you want to switch service just switch endpoint (relace with Java based WSDL) of your service in SOAMANAGER, it will work, I did it many times in past.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gourav,

I read that there is a way to do so via ESR with outside in approach.

my question is if there is a way to import the structure of the proxy to the esr insted of declring all the data fields again?

Best Regards

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Outside In means first declare service in ESR then develop using ABAP/Java,

Inside out means first develop service then create model into ESR (This is approach you are referring to).

Yes you can import WSDL into ESR and it will create all definitions automatically into ESR. First copy wsdl file into local folder then import it into ESR (respective software component etc.)

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

Thanks,

what i want is to use the ESR for this topic with the outside in approce and to have a control on the name space ,since i have a java WS with complected structure that i want to replace with abap WS (without changing the proxy ) i dont want to build all the data types again in the ESR i just want to import the proxy and replace the it with abap service ,

there is a guide how to do so step by step? since i new to ESR ..

Best Regards

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case, modify local WSDL file with suitable namespace and then import it into ESR under correct SWC/namespace. I am not sure about step-by-step guide but working with ESR is pretty easy.

You may search few examples on e-learning and I can assure you that you can do it even if you are new to ESR.

Regards,

Gourav