Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to capture Longtext

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

In transaction me61, there is a text tab in the toolbar.

this follows to a page where we can enter evaluate a vendor based on conditions defined.

The text entered is a longtext, my requirement is to catch this text. I checked tables CDPOS - which has stored my change but has failed to store text.

I came to know that SAP does not store longtext for all changes but only the last one, which i am able to get via FM READ_TEXT (returns current entry).

Any suggestions or corrections to my conclusion are welcome.

Thankx in advance for ur help.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak,

Double click on the text and go into FULL SCREEN mode. There in the menu GO TO --> Header, here you will be able to see the parameter that you will have to pass to READ_TEXT.

Text Object / Text Name / Text id, once you pass these to the function, you will get the text.

Regards,

Ravi

note : Please mark the helpful answers

0 Kudos

hi ravi

Thanks for your reply. I have already got the text using READ_TEXT. I just wanted to get the history of changes to the text.

That is once i change it, i need the new text which of course i can get using the FM, i also need the old one. I checked CDPOS table which stores my change but not the texts invloved in the change.

I believe in that case the FM could not be used for as the object text-name remain the same, u just getting what the text is now present.

I also checked for user-exists if i could trigger saving the old one before updating the new one but found none.

Thanks. looking fwd for your reply

0 Kudos

I doubt if the change history is maintained for the LONG TEXTS. I have not see that anywhere till now.

Regards,

Ravi