Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Delete Messages Holding in RWB

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

When checked in RWB--> Message Monitoring --> Almost 400 messages are HOLDING...

I checked for the system error's but could not find any messages which have error other than holding.

Now i cannot RESEND, CANCEL them as the status is HOLDING...

Even i asked my Basis guy to do in VA, restart the service server->services->SAP XI AF Messaging.n

But still the same problem...

SInce this is in DEV server only so deleting then is no problem.. So please can any one let me know HOW TO DELETE MESSAGES HOLDING...

the problem started when one of our ABAPER done something where some IDOC's data base update has been triggered.. and due to this around 600 idocs triggered(ARTMAS,ORDERS05).. and since all are EOIO... the error one has to be identified and resend,

But my case i cannot find any... may be some where went wrong...

Pls. let me know how to delete the HOLDING messges

Regards,

Sridhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cleared the previous error messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sridhar

on RWB -> msg monitoring-> adapter engine -> display

click on the button configure table column and check conversation id box

save it

now fill up the filter for your message interface and click on start

by this way you will get conversation Id and queue whic is causing this error

inside that queue very first msg in queue will be in error

delete that msg

rest all message will be processed automatically

still if the problem doesnt get solved

restart server through smicm

thanks

sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we actually faced the same problem on day of go live..so there was a restart of server and all the messages had to be re processed...but the old messages were still visible as HOLDING...

My suggestion is Just do a resend , it will fail as system error and will clear the queues that once agin depends on ur retry interval in the CC but will eventually cancel out and refresh .

check this blog by stefan on HOLD status

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/04/27/how-to-deal-with-stuck-eoio-messages-in-the-xi-30-adapter-framework

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I searched from the Previous Year to till date for any System Errorrs or any other errors, but i did not find any ...

Can we delete the messages Holding...???

Regards,

Sridhar

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I searched from the Previous Year to till date for any System Errorrs or any other errors, but i did 
not find any ...

You wont directly find a Holding message as a System Error message...after you do the settings mentioned in the blog your first message (in Holding) will be displayed with the corresponding (error) status..

Can we delete the messages Holding...???

did you check out the blog given in earlier replies....you can only try a manual resend or cancel of the first message (oldest) in the Holding list....for the rest of the message processing you do not have any control (AFAIK)...once the first stuck message is processed all the other messages will be processed automatically...

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the queue status(SMQR) ..if there is any error like Sys fail try to unlcok that queue adn refresh..mostly it will process all the message ..if not try to delete the message from the queue and check for the remaining messages,

Thanks

PT

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I was ref. to the blog where it says to find for the Message which has System Error.

But my case i dont have any meessages with System Errors or any other errors expect the messages HOLDING...

How can we delete ? actually what i done was in SMQ2 there were many Sysfail errors, and i deleted all of the erros(LUW) .. which normally we should have resend or deleted one by one depending on type of error...

Since i deleted all the LUW (which shld not be done ) effected the messages in resending?

I rechecked all the messages but could not find any message other than holding...

So how can solve this...

Please let me know if any one have any ideas...

Regards,

Sridhar

sugata_bagchi2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Generaly messages are stuck in the queue and get a status called "HOLD" if we are using a EOIO (Exactly Once In Order) message processing manner.

For processing of these messages they use a unique queue and all the messages use this queue.

If a message in this queue fails to process then the rest of the messages those are sequentialy under this failed message get a status HOLD.

Steps:- You need to find out the message in that queue that is in the "system error" status during a long time interval.

If possible cancel the message (we need to cancel the message) in "system error".

after this the entire queue will be cleared and the messages those are in the HOLD status will be cleared also.

you need to find out the system error message using the "conversation ID" ( it refers the queue name for the EOIO processng) and the "sequential number" ( it is the sequence of messages in the queue ) in the Message Monitoring of RWB (Adapter Engine).

Please refer to the blog- /people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/04/27/how-to-deal-with-stuck-eoio-messages-in-the-xi-30-adapter-framework

and Check SAP Note 885879 - EOIO message in HOLD without predecessor cannot be restarted

Please let me know if it works or not.

Regards

Sugata Bagchi Majumder

Former Member
0 Kudos

The HOLDING Stae is due to previous messages in SystemError or Delivering state.

Re-check with an bigger date interval. You should find something in that state. It happened to me once, when the msg in Delivering state was more than 10 days old and i was restricting the search only for past 2-3 days.

-SM