cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rfc - controlled execution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I connect to sap system using adaptive rfc in web dynpro to execute certain bapis.(portal , web dynrpo and sap r3 are on three different systems).

All is fine except for one bapi, which we know has a problem and takes around 30 minutes to execute

(I executed this bapi directly in the r3 and confirmed this) for certain input parameters.

When this bapi is invoked from my web dynpro application , the web dispathcer times out after 60 seconds as it did not receive any response from the WAS.No problem with this...

But after this ..all subsequent navigations or requests to the WAS fails with similar connection timeout message and nothing works for the user.

I guess the non performing bapi which was invoked by the user is the cause and is still executing in the backgroud on web dynrpo engine and on the sap r3 and causing futher requests to fail.

My question is: Is there a way I can control the model.execute() in the web dynpro code by specifying a time in secs for example ..so that web dynpro can terminate the execution after waiting for certain time

and report it with an exception or error.

(I guess there should be some way to deal as web dynrpo is single threaded and due to bapi not performing the entire user session goes for a toss)..

Or any other way this can be dealt with.

let me know.

Regards,

Ashok

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

The JCo settings have two parameters which can be set as per the requirement:

1) Connection Timeout

2) Maximum Waiting Time

Set these parameters as per the requirement.

Also, refer to the blog on JCo settings for more information.

Try separating out the BAPI that is timing out to a separate set of JCos.

Regards,

Kartikaye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These parameters matter for getting a connection from the pool and returning to them optimally.

But my question is after a connection has been established and execution of bapi has started and if we know that the bapi has problems where it may take its own time (for eg 30 mins)...How to terminate such executions.

Any idea Pls let me know.

Regards,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

I dont think there is a way to set the timeout from the Java end. But, if you find one please post the solution.

There is a value in the R/3 to the set the value for timeout for process in the DIA process. Refer to the following thread for more info:

Regards,

Kartikaye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anybody more info on this?

How to end the rfc execution from web dynpro java side after certain wait time..

Any way to overcome this ..

Regards,

Ashok