cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we catch adapter engine errors in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to raise an execption from BPM if the interface fails in IE and AE. Is it possible in exeception or any other BPM step?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suppose your BPM ahs below steps:

Receive ---> Transformation ---> Send

Now if you want to catch an exception in the Send Step:

1) Include a Block in your BPM and insert an Exception Branch in it

2) In the lower branch (of the block) put the send step and in the excpetion branch put the logic that you want to implement in case of an error in sending the message from BPM (can have Control Step to Throw Alert, Send Step to send Email message to some person, etc)

To Cacth AE exception:

Check this blog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/22/xi-playing-with-the-file-adapters-acknowledgments

If possible i would suggest to make the Send step synchronous to catch an AE exception...so if there is an error in sending the message from AE to the end system you will get an error in the Sync Send step and can catch the same using the logic mentioned in step1, 2 above....

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No it is not possible.

The requirement of raising an alert from BPM for IE & AE errors looks wierd to me. Can you explain the whole scenario. May be there is a better solution for your requirement.

-SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is My requirement

I wanna raise an alert with payload data to a particular user whenever interface fails in PI. I thought of passing payload data / EMail address to my alert category by calling SALERT_CREATE. I am sure it covers only integration engine errors. I would like to know whether it will work for adapter engine?

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
No it is not possible.

Yes it is possible:)

The requirement of raising an alert from BPM for IE & AE errors looks wierd to me. Can you 
explain the whole scenario. May be there is a better solution for your requirement.

The requirement seems perfectly fine to me :)...just a Q....if any of my BPM-step fails then how should I handle this part....should the support team not be notified for this unwanted behaviour??

Regards,

ABhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

configure alerts and then catch this alert in BPM

follow this blog

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

thanks

sandeep