Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

why sender agreement need not to create for idoc

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Dear Sushma,

The message flow in XI will be like this.those adapters lies on java stack the message will reach the adapter engine first and the adapter engine will process the message to the integration server.

In this case we need sender agreement.

In case of adapters which lies on ABAP stack(IDOC,HTTP) it will directly communicate with integration engine.so the message will be processed directly to the integration server.there is no involvement of adapter engine.thats why sender agreement is not needed for these two adapters(IDOC,HTTP)

If you got the answer try to close this post.and award some points if this info is useful for me.

Regards,

Raju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sushma,

SDN is the best one to know each and everything for XI.there are somany experts are available on SDN.and coming to the interview preparation take each adapter and try to do all the possible scenarios and after that go to next adapter.

Regards,

Raju.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sush

For this answer you can simply tell that---

IDOC adapter is a part of ABAB stack thats why we dont create IDOC Sender Communication channel, now if we are not creating Sender Communication Channel then there is no need for Sender Agreement too because Sender Agreement give reference to your Sender Communication Channel.

Now for your interview point of view just be in touch with SDN and read all 4 TBIT's 40 41 42 43

If points are helpfull then points please.

Thanks

Dheeraj Kumar

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
IDOC adapter is a part of ABAB stack thats why we dont create IDOC Sender Communication channel

if we go by this definition...then why we need a receiver agreement for IDOC receiver or why we need a receiver IDOC CC??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj,

>> IDOC adapter is a part of ABAB stack thats why we dont create IDOC Sender Comunication channel

Pls correct this,Make sure IDCO adpater is not a part of ABAP stack while it resides in ABAP stack

Abhishek: I always found you have deep observance Great!! Keep observing.

Abid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to add a few more points,

The sender needs to know about a few things i.e. the sender Interface (Message interface),Interface mapping, the namespace etc. With the adapter on the java stack (i.e. file, jdbc...) this information is provided in the sender agreement. Whereas in case of Idoc (also proxy, http) this information is provided in the header of the message (i,e, it comes from the sender system itself). hence it does not require sender agreement.

regards,

Milan Thaker.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushma

IDOC adpter sits on ABAP stack

since it comes after the sender pipeline and before IS

so this adapter can be consider as a part of pipeline which is used to call IS

so there is no need to make any sender communication channel and sender agreement

while in the case of receiver IDOC it comes after pipeline

IS->pipeline-> rcv IDOC adapter

so there is a need of channel and receiver agreement

hope this may clarify u this concept

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/45/da2239feb22e98e10000000a155369/frameset.htm

Thanks

sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for ur reply, iam new to xi iam not getting ur point

will u please tell me in simple words, i want to know why for idoc adapter not requiered to create senderagreement.

thanks

sush

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check these related discussions:

Many threads with the same Q are answered on SDN....so if you search you can find the correct answer that you need!

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

For Sender IDOC (Since it reside on ABAB Stack)---

since it comes after the sender pipeline and before IS

so this adapter can be consider as a part of pipeline which is used to call IS

so there is no need to make any sender communication channel and sender agreement.

For Receiver IDOC----

Now we need a Communication Channel because

receiver IDOC it comes after pipeline

IS->pipeline-> rcv IDOC adapter

so there is a need of channel and receiver agreement

If i am not correct please correct me.

Thanks Dheeraj Kumar