cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soft link for "/USR/sap" folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i am using AIX 6.1 and MAXDB for Development server. /usr mount volumn shows usage 100% and developer are not able to create Workbench requests. i have another 60GB free in storage volumn . i heve deleted old support packages in /usr/sap... folder already. i heard about to create soft link for /usr/sap to storage volumn .

Please advise me is it possible to create soft link or is there any other option

thanks

Jyothish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Depending on your configuration just create a new logical volume from the 60GB free space you have and add that logical volume to the volume group of /usr/sap

You will then be able to extend the file system.

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue solved

Thanks all.

As you people suggested, i have resize the SAN and add space to /usr

Thanks again

Jyothish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothish,

Before increasing, you should check if you can clean it up and delete some trash files nobody needs anymore. If you can't do that for any reason, add 200 MB for each file system with following commands.

Code:

chfs -a size=+200M /

chfs -a size=+200M /usr/sap

If it's not working you might check with lsvg <vgname> (where your filesystems reside on), if there is enough space left in the VG to distribute.

If you are interested to learn/understand LVM in AIX, check out following LVM Redbook

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/pdfs/sg245433.pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothish,

I think you can check the size of work directory /usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance>/work/

Check the sizes of developer trace files created here. You can empty them if not needed.

Also check if there is a core dump file at this location and remove if found.

Regards,

Kiran

Edited by: Kiran Pol on Jun 23, 2009 4:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can Resize /usr any time without restart any instance.

But You don't need to resize You can check log if any big bytes you can delete.

U can delete contents of temp also .

SurendraJain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surendra,

Thanks for ur response , i cant resize because no space in total hard disk. as u told i have deleated tmp and log files but no affect .

thanks

Jyothish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have another 60GB free space in another volume so you can reduce from there and increase

in /usr/sap.

SurendraJain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again.

60gb free which i have mentioned is in external storage.which connected through Optical fibre cable. is it possible to resize /usr and give space in storage.

Thanks

Jyothish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think your using SAN .You can resize Mount point in SAN also.

Check temp in /usr/temp & delete. delete logs /usr/sap/<SID>

SurendraJain