cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help required regarding the SAP PI7.1 Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Guru's,

Can somebody please guide me how to install SAP PI 7.1 on Windows Vista architecture laptop because as far as I know PI7.1 only support Windows 2003 x64bit but when I am installation windows 2003 it always giving me "Memory Dump" error on vista architecture laptop may be because they only support latest windows versions.

Is there any other way I can install PI7.1 as I have the oracle client based dvd but I have seen on sap marketplace site that windows 2008 only support SQL Server 2005. I am able to install windows 2008 but the problem is that i don't have the SQL Server 2005 dvd , so can somebody please help me.

If possible can someone please upload these dvds on mediafire website.

NW 7.1 Inst.Master Windows Server on x64 64bit MS SQL SERVER

SQL SERVER

SQL SERVER_Client

==========================================================================

Secondly I also would like to know how to findout the System version because in my system instead of Solution Manager 7.0 it is showing me version 4.0, so how do we check whether its really 7.0 or 4.0 is there any way.

Same for SAP ECC6 SR2 and SR3 , is there any T-Code or any method to findout the exact version of the ECC System.

Please help me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Note: PI 7.1 can also run on laptop

PI 7.1 does not support Win XP/Vista. As you would be required below configuration to your laptop:

1. Window server 2000 with 64 bit OS

2. Minimum 3 GB RAM is required to install PI 7.1 (SAP recommend)

3. Hard disk 180 GB minimum. (Min 100 GB for PI 7.10)

4. Need to install Oracle DataBase, Java 1.5 JRE

5. It also requires Microsft loopback.

6. Etc............

It's not all about next next It takes 16 hrs to install PI 7.1 including pre and post installation steps.

If interested to learn and install P1 7.1 pls write a mail to mentioned business ID

Regards,

Sameer

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to add:

> 1. Window server 2000 with 64 bit OS

Windows 2000 is not released as 64bit, one either needs Windows 2003 or Windows 2008.

> 2. Minimum 3 GB RAM is required to install PI 7.1 (SAP recommend)

SAP recommends doing a sizing for a PI system

> 3. Hard disk 180 GB minimum. (Min 100 GB for PI 7.10)

> 4. Need to install Oracle DataBase, Java 1.5 JRE

PI runs with various other databases too (MS-SQL Server, MaxDB, DB2), most of those are MUCH easier to administer than Oracle and have a much lighter harddisk and memory footpring.

Markus

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Note: PI 7.1 can also run on laptop

Has anybody successfully installed a PI 7.1 on a laptop?

What is a use of a PI 7.1 on a laptop besides testing the installation itself, as no other system could be connected to a mobile system?

Regards

Stefan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Can somebody please guide me how to install SAP PI 7.1 on Windows Vista architecture laptop ...

I do not think that a PI 7.1 will run on a laptop. Maybe you go for a PCK instead?

As you have already noticed, there is no PI version available for Vista.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

thanks for your quick response but could you tell me how to install PCK , is there any documents or help.

Do you have installation dvds of SQL Server 2005 client and Installation master.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I new, it is an installing option of the PI 7.1 installation. You can choose between PI, decentral AAE and PCK.

The PCK needs a seperate licence, so you have to ask your local sales contact for this.

You do you want to achieve with this installation? Is this for your training?

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I want to learn PI7.1 and also would like to learn the installation and post insallation part as well.

Anyways thanks for your help i will see if i could find PCK and even if i install the PCK and it doesn't have all the features of PI7.1

If you could please post the link of any PCK related docs.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The PCK is in principle an adapter engine which can run stand-alone without PI connection. Most adapters are available so it can be used for stepping into the topic. But other features as Runtime workbench, SLD and ESR are not available, so there is only reduced learning benefit.

Is there no way for you to get a server where you can install the PI?

SQL server is a Microsoft product, you have to receive this from Microsoft.

Regards

Stefan

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Click here: [PCK Installation on Windows|https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000702775&_OBJECT=011000358700001187072007E]

S-user-id required

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

https://service.sap.com/instguides

SAP NetWeaver - > SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.1

-> Installation -> Installation stand alone engines ->

SAP Partner Connectivity Kit ...

btw: I could not succeed to install a PCK 7.1 on my laptop. PCK 7.0 worked, but PI 7.1 needs more memory.

So I cannot promise that it works for you, but my laptop is three years old, so if your laptop is new, it might work.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks so much for your reply but unfortunately i don't have PCK in my installation dvds , so will it be posible fo you to upload it on mediafire for me if you don't mind.

Secondly could you please tell me what is the difference between PI7.1 and PCK.

Does PCK have all the functionality of PI71.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Does PCK have all the functionality of PI71

Check this help section: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/99/115281baba404890d2561617a78409/frameset.htm

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you email Abhi but i am but confuse how PCK send the request to Integration Server as on my laptop there is nothing install and i am not even connected to any sap system so even if i install PCK how do i process the File to File or File to IDOC scenario. Please guide me.

Most importantly could you please tell me how to findout the SOLUTION MANAGER version whether its 7.0 or 4.0 and same forr ECC SR2 or SR3.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PCK can work when you have a XI/ PI system installed....you cannot work on PCK alone without having installed XI/ PI (rather cannot work without providing connectivity of PCK with XI/ PI system).....For the file_to_file scenario you need to have a FTP server...however for SAP related scenarios (IDOC, RFC, Proxy) you need to have connectivity to SAP ECC system.

Regards,

Abhishek.

EOD.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> ... and i am not even connected to any sap system so even if i install PCK how do i process the File to File or File to IDOC scenario. Please guide me.

If you have no connection to any SAP system, it does not make sense to implement an IDoc scenario.

For a file to file scenario, you can configure the PCK as standalone system, so you need no PI:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/f7/0c2441509fa831e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

I am sorry, I am not allowed to spread copyright protected software. Ask your local sales contact for the PCK.