SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funds Management Organizational structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have four company based in different country and

1-Company Code-1 -

Country Saudi Arabia----
Currency SAR

2-Company Code-2 -

Country Saudi Arabia -
Currency SAR

3-Company Code -4 ...... Country UK -

Currency GBP

4-Company Code -4 ...... Country UAE -

Currency AED

All company code are assigned to ONE Controling Area.......Currency SAR

Company want to implement Funds Management in all company , Could any guide me how many Funds Management area required in system, every company want to enter budget in thier local currency, or is it possible to have one FM are?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

JavedKamal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please click on the link below :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/f0/ca5716260211d28a430000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Then Master Data, Enterprise Structure-Organization Unit, and read the documentation also follow implementation guide.

Thanks

Javed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, I already read this. My question is Can we enter the budget in Company code currency instead of FM area currency.

we have three different currency, user want to make budget of their country and company currency. in this case can we have one FM area?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

No, we cant enter the budget other then the FM area currency. So you have to enter the budget in FM area currency rather then company code currency.

Thanks

Javed

0 Kudos

Thanks Javed,

Thats mean if compny based in UK want to maintain budget in GBP, there must be FM area having currency GBP and company based in Saudi Arabia want to maintain budget in SAR, there must be another FM Area having currency SAR.

Can you please elobarte the above query.

Any other expert opinion also welcome

Thanks

0 Kudos

Dear SAP2008,

Currently SAP does not support multiple currencies in FM budgeting: any budget entry and also availability control is strictly restricted to be done in FM area currency!

There are no plans to change this for Former Budgeting (application component PSM-FM-BU). If at all, then there could be a chance to develop this for the new budgeting tool, the Budgeting Control System

(BCS - application component PSM-FM-BCS) for some future ERP enhancement pack.

But you have some possibilities to modify the standard. Please check notes:

1076029 Enhanced currency Customizing in PSM-FM

779180 Enhancing Currency Customizing in PSM-FM

356393 Different currencies in company code/FM area

I hope this resolves your issue.

Kind Regards,

Vanessa Barth.

0 Kudos

Thanks Vanessa

Thanks for your advise, I'm still unable to finalize my structure. My UK based company want to maintain budget in GBP and saudi Based company want to maintain budget in SAR. All company are assigned to one controling area. Could you please write about how many FM area required?

0 Kudos

Hello,

Note 1076029 says that you can define several company codes with different currencies.

To update Funds Management, you then use a currency in each company code that is the same as the FM area currency.

In Customizing of the updating control (transaction OFUP), you can define which currency type is relevant for the update in Funds Management.

However, in Customizing, you are unable to make company code-specific settings. A combined assignment is not possible because the uniform FM area currency does not always have the

same currency type in its assigned company codes.

Solution

In transaction SM30, you can use the maintenance view V_FM01W to define the currency type that is relevant for the update in Funds Management for each company code.

Did you try this already in one test system? It should work.

Well, let´s see one real example using your needs:

If you want to assign several company codes with different currencies assigned to the one FM area and one CO area, this can be the scenario:

All company codes have the same currency customizing:

1st curr - 10 (local currency GBP, USD, EUR, SAR, ect)

2nd curr - 30 (GBP)

3rd curr - 10 (local currency GBP, USD, EUR, SAR ect)

Not sure which currency do you have in CO controlling area but in this example:

CO area currency customizing are - "30" and "GBP".

Then you define currency type 30 (GBP) as FM area currency (transaction OFUP).

Error message FICUSTOM070 can appear during FI document posting in all company codes but then since you have already implemented suggestions of note 1076029 "Enhanced currency Customizing in PSM-FM" - table FM01W you will not receive any error.

Then you should do the same for Saudi company changing the GPB to SAR.

If it is not possible to define this match because of business management problems, you must add an extra local currency in the company codes that matches the one in the FM area currency and then assign the currency type of this local currency to the FM area.

I hope I could clarify my previous answer with this example.

Kind Regards,

Vanessa.

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can check also the following menu path in help.sap.com

SAP Library -> SAP ERP Central Component -> Public Sector Management -> Funds Management -> Master Data -> Enterprise Structure - Organizational Units -> Organizational Structures - Assignments

There you can see the relationship between company code, controlling area and funds management area and the possible combinations.

Kind Regards,

Vanessa.