Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sandbox Refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All - I wanted to see if there is any work around for my issue, here is the scenario:

Company policy says contractors cannot get access on PRD, so on every sandbox refresh contractors or interns are losing their access because sandbox is a copy of production.

I was trying to find if there is any work around to come over this issue, like putting these specific users in transport with their roles. This way I can import this transport to sandbox after sandbox refresh.

I searched user admin tcodes to see if I have any options, I did not see any.

Thanks all in advance.

AJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Put the users in the Transport request with assignment to roles and after refresh, import it to sandbox.

Regards,

Dipanjan

5 REPLIES 5

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Put the users in the Transport request with assignment to roles and after refresh, import it to sandbox.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refresh PROD --> Sandbox...

As you are not concerned about data confidentiality, but only it's integrity (in PROD), I would recommend creating a "Backup" client.

Assuming that your "refresh" is still capable of doing it via a client copy (temporarily permitted?), you can then do another client copy from the backup client to your "contractor sandbox client" after the fresh.

If it is a system copy, then consider a backup client in an intermediate system (e.g. QAS) to copy back from for the user profile, and then reactivate the ID's for them, You could provide a password self-service for them, which would also validate whether they are on the project or not - for example by sending a password on request to the mail ID, possibly after having been able to correctly answer an embarassing question....

Personally, I use incorrect answers.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is very common to export users and roles from a sandbox, apply the refresh and then reimport the users and roles again.

former_member701183
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case as mentioned already the effort is eased out if a separate client is used and data related to roles and users are exported and re imported in the client in Post Refresh step.

Regards

Aveek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Everyone.