cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Username and Password in Layout designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have just installed the latest Netweaver ABAP on Windows 7 RC1. (Too much spare time but it basically works). Everything seems to work OK.

When I go into the Web Dynpro layout designer it prompts me for a user name and password and also when I test an application from SE80. At other sights where I have used these things it has gone straight through (passing the username and password that I am logged on with through)

I assume I am a pararmater missing to achieve that. Does anyone know what it is?

Thanks.

Rich

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to go to transaction SICF and then in the route default_host --> sap --> bc --> webdynpro --> sap --> your development you make a double click. You get the screen "create/change a service". Select tab Logon data and enter your username and password.

Alternatively, you can do the same for all WD4A applications in the route default_host --> sap --> bc --> webdynpro. This works then for all WD4A applications.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is by hard ccoding un/pw. In development environments I have worked in with multiple developers they have all been able to test from SE80 and it has just passed the credentials that they are logged into SAP GUI with straight through to the browser. That is what I am trying to achieve rather than hard coding into SICF.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will have to close all the IE opened to test from SE80 in case u want to access it through different user name and password. Otherwise it takes the same credentials of the opened IE .

Regards,

Sakthi