cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECM IN DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DMS Gurus,

I want to use ECM functionality in DMS, for that I have followed following step.

1. ECR Created for document object in CC01 ( Dcoument no which was already created in CV01N is captured in document tab)

2. ECR converted into ECO in CC02.

3. In CV02N I have selected the document no which was entered in CC01 for necessary changes. Here system is asking for change no genered during ECR creation.

4.Change no entered in CV02N and made the required changes and saved.

Problem - In this case system is not generating next version no for that document.

Please also guide me whether I am following the correct path or some thing different I need do. My requirement is I want to maintain different version no and I want to do this activity through ECR --> ECO cycle.

Regards,

Abhay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Following business scenario we want to map in SAP -

1. Drawing created in CAD and attached in CV01n.

2. After six month there is a change in drawing.

3. Due to these changes in drawing, BOM, Routing and Inspection plan will be affected.

Please guide how to track all these changes through ECM / DMS functionality in SAP, if any other better methodology is there then it will also okay.

Regards,

Abhay

MangeshP
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

please

The change number is entered in the document info record. There is a one-to-one relationship between a change master record and its allocated document version. You cannot change the entry for the change number once you have saved it in the document info record.

The following graphic shows how change numbers can be allocated to the document versions.

Doc-Version--

--

Cha-Number--

CH001
CH002
--

CH003

Object -

DIR--

Bom--

Mat

Reason----

Date----

Benakaraja

??

Edited by: benaka rajes on Jun 20, 2009 2:29 PM

Edited by: benaka rajes on Jun 20, 2009 2:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

DMS will not generate a new version while it is change wrt a ECO.

ECM is a concept where you will chane a document vers 00 wrt ECO and then release the document version 00 with some revision for ex:- A for Design , prod dept to work .

This is the std method use in industry.

System will not generate a new vers(If new vesrion is created Then it is a new Document and then you will req a ECO for this to track the changes made).

Regards

Abhijit A. Pachgade

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.